Talk

Advanced search

New Puppy is Home!

(18 Posts)
mousebacon Sun 12-Nov-17 21:30:26

Hello all,

We brought our new lurcher pup home yesterday and she’s settling in nicely.

I was just wondering what I need to do about worming her?

The breeder has wormed and flea treated her but I know I need to repeat this so when??

Thanks

Elphame Sun 12-Nov-17 21:37:29

Come and join us on the puppy survival thread!

As to the worming/flea question ask your breeder when it was done and when it's next due. Elfpup came with explicit instructions on when he was due a treatment and what to use. She also sent me a reminder text just before it was due.

In general it needs to be done monthly

CMOTDibbler Sun 12-Nov-17 21:41:43

How old are they? Under 12 weeks they need doing every 2-3 weeks, then monthly till 6 months.
Flea treatment depends on what they have been given

mousebacon Sun 12-Nov-17 22:01:55

She’s 8 weeks & its just been done so I guess I have a couple of weeks grace.

Definitely joining the puppy survival thread! First night went well & keeping fingers crossed for tonight. She’s been brilliant with toileting today. grin

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sun 12-Nov-17 22:04:45

Pics or ye fibbing!!

mousebacon Sun 12-Nov-17 22:06:20

😂 love it...

Here you go 😍

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 12-Nov-17 22:11:38

Aww, she is gorgeous, what's her name ?

missbattenburg Sun 12-Nov-17 22:26:22

Take her to the vet in the next couple of days for a check over (your breeder's contract has probably stipulated this anyway because if she has any health issues they need to know asap) and the vet will be able to check flea and worming status and get you on a schedule but it tends to be monthly for the first 6 months.

mousebacon Sun 12-Nov-17 22:42:19

Thank you everyone. She’s heading to the vet on Friday.

She’s called Nala 😊❤️

joystir59 Mon 13-Nov-17 07:30:25

She looks very Jack Russell, and she is gorgeous

Littlewoo Mon 13-Nov-17 12:51:57

Aww just gorgeous. We've wondered what our rescue Lurcher looked like as a pup and I think she would have looked very similar to yours. grin

BooToYouToo Mon 13-Nov-17 18:57:28

What a lovely pup.

Our vets has a petplan which includes worming and flea treatments in their monthly charge, as well as injections etc. I'm sure if they do the same at your vets they'll let you know. We go monthly for weighing and the flea treatment.

Wolfiefan Mon 13-Nov-17 19:02:30

Yes. Come to the puppy survival thread!
Breeder should have given you details of jabs and treatments and micrichipping. Mine told me exactly when to worm and flea next!

Miniwerewolfhugs Mon 13-Nov-17 19:17:25

Adorable! I love my lurcher it's a great breed (or cross breed grin) we adopted ours at 7 months and I always wonder what she looked like as a puppy.

ownedbySWD Mon 13-Nov-17 19:20:09

Aw, she's titchy!

Miniwerewolfhugs Mon 13-Nov-17 19:28:44

Mine is quite big now but still likes sitting on my lap for a cuddle. They are very cuddly dogs.

mousebacon Mon 13-Nov-17 19:56:30

Had a chat with the breeder. She was last wormed on the 4th so not long ago. Phew!

Thank you for all your lovely comments 😊

Justbookedasummmerholiday Mon 13-Nov-17 19:59:17

Paws waving from my girls...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: