Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else's dog watch TV?

(21 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Tue 07-Nov-17 18:18:53

Mine watched ALL of Stranger Things - I mean sat in front of the tv and watched an episode every night (not on her bed)

She’s now watching ‘Sing’ - the film with the cartoon animals in it singing grin

Literally not moving from the tv

Bubble2bubble Tue 07-Nov-17 19:03:05

Only once a year when the flyball is on at Crufts grin
Rest of the time they ignore it.

Justbookedasummmerholiday Tue 07-Nov-17 19:03:54

Our Lurcher +Husky love nature programmes.

Dottymum2 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:35:33

If there's a doggy on telly mine barks at it lol

Miniwerewolfhugs Tue 07-Nov-17 19:40:57

My dog doesn't seem interested in the TV but she does hear dog noises if we watch something with dogs in. I once read dogs can't see TV properly as it flickers too much for them. Not sure if that's true.

ineedaholidaynow Tue 07-Nov-17 19:41:31

Our dog watches it. Barks at any animal that appears. Also has an intense hatred of all hoover adverts, in particular the Gtech one shock

Tedster77 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:43:26

My deerhound x has never so much glanced at it.

My pug properly watches it and goes ballistic at any animal and yes also gets sent nuclear by the g-tech advert!!

Findingross Tue 07-Nov-17 19:43:31

Two dogs here. One pays zero attention and the other loves nothing better than to cuddle up and watch nature programmes.
He’s even gone to look around the other side of the screen when a sheep wandered off out of shot once 😊.

elQuintoConyo Tue 07-Nov-17 19:46:25

I uses to have a fox terrier who loved Wimbledon - she used to looks for the balls when they were hit off screen. And she loved Goran Ivanisevic grin

TashieWoo Tue 07-Nov-17 19:49:30

One of my Yorkies loves it, barks at dogs and animals and is transfixed. The tv is on one wall and another has French doors that go out to the garden, where he looks for dogs etc that are on the screen, so I think he thinks the tv is a window. Very cute!

Puppymouse Tue 07-Nov-17 19:50:39

My friend’s dog has an iPad and watches nature documentaries in the evening. She actually responds to the word “iPad” as well grin

Nancy91 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:52:14

Mine doesn't take her eyes off it while we are watching it, she's like a little person.

SavageCabbage Tue 07-Nov-17 19:52:32

My dog won’t use FaceTime. We all find it weird when she won’t look at the ipad when we talk to her.

NewBrian Tue 07-Nov-17 19:54:18

Yes, and she watched animal programmes like this grin

NewBrian Tue 07-Nov-17 19:54:57

Forgot the picture!

allfurcoatnoknickers Tue 07-Nov-17 20:28:47

My GirlDog like anything with horses and people running around screaming. She's a particular fan of Game of Thrones and Westworld hmm

LaGattaNera Tue 07-Nov-17 20:38:03

oh yes! we are both watching the Yorkshire Vet & Thursday is Supervet!
At times he runs to the tv and looks behind it trying to find the dogs/puppies/kittens etc

was listening to Ember trio on youtube earlier and when the guy was playing violin, the dog was looking at the laptop with his head cocked to one side.

He is my 4th dog and none of the others were like this

BriechonCheese Tue 07-Nov-17 20:39:31

They like Corrie and anything sporty that has a green pitch. They love cricket in particular.

StatueInTheSky Tue 07-Nov-17 20:44:25

one of ours did...nature stuff, crufts, country file....that sort of thing!
the other one might prick an ear if there was anything doggy/barky/wolves howling, but really wasn't bothered.

idiotcat is not the least bit interested in the tv, but his sister used to love it....she used to really like Walking With Dinosaurs and would look around for them as they left the screen. Otherwise the only thing she goes for is underwater stuff...fish/divers/bubble noises.

CMOTDibbler Wed 08-Nov-17 11:02:05

One of mine watches it a lot - he likes football, nature programmes, anything with animals on. The other pays no attention at all!

Roundandroundtheapartment Wed 08-Nov-17 11:07:15

Mine does and goes mental when another animal comes on (even the cartoon animals hmm )
He also sings when the music channel is on, it’s a sort of moan/howl sound
He also does this noise to the birds from In the Night Garden

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now