Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Unusual drooling

(4 Posts)
GetTheStartyParted Sun 05-Nov-17 21:30:36

My dog rarely drools but tonight she is leaving pools of slobber wherever she lies.

We have just picked her up after she had a 5 day stay at my sister's house while I was away.

My sister admitted she had managed to snaffle some of the children's snacks and that she had fed her some of her dogs food.

Her house is noisier than mine so there's a good chance that this is the best sleep she's had in days but it's just so much drool and our dog has been fast asleep since around 4pm. Is this concerning or are we being over anxious? Thanks.

stonecircle Sun 05-Nov-17 23:37:57

With my dogs excessive drooling is normally a precursor to throwing up or, with one of them, sign of an ear infection. Have you checked her ears and mouth (broken tooth? Something stuck?)

There isn’t much you can do other than keep an eye on her and see how she is in the morning. In a similar position here. My 10 old Lab has been throwing up and had liquid diarrhoea today so we’re worried about her.

Let’s hope both girls feel better in the morning after a good night’s sleep smile

Imsorrynow Sun 05-Nov-17 23:42:53

It’s not the fireworks setting them both off is it? Our poor old lab is exhausted by it all and was drooling, pooping and eye rolling before he finally fell into a deep sleep.

GetTheStartyParted Mon 06-Nov-17 09:27:33

Thanks for your replies, there's nothing noticeable and she seems well in herself this morning so I will see how she is through the day and if it hasn't calmed I'll ask the vet. The fireworks don't bother her luckily, she's slept through most of them. Hope your dogs are feeling better/happier today flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now