Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Puppy sling?

(4 Posts)
TheUrbanBush Sun 05-Nov-17 16:18:21

We collect our poppy in 3 weeks. We are beyond excited. I know for the first few months he can’t walk far, but our school run is twenty mins there and twenty mins back twice a day. I’d like to be able to take him even though it would be too far for him to walk at first.

I have quite a bad bag so need to be careful that if I carry him I do so in a way that distributes weight evenly on both sides. Has anyone tried a puppy sling? Do they work? Do dogs like them? Is there a brand you would recommend?

Elphame Sun 05-Nov-17 16:42:09

Complete waste of money for Elfpup. I used it twice and each time he was desperate to get out and walk. As he hadn’t finished his vaccinations he couldn’t so I was trying to control a very wriggly pup who was doing his best to escape. It would have been a very comfy way to carry him had he been the least bit cooperative

MaitlandGirl Sun 05-Nov-17 16:43:14

I’ve always used a standard baby ring sling with my puppies (varying breeds and weights).

Harness and lead on the puppy (for safety) and sit them on a folded hand towel (in case of accidents) and never had any problems.

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sun 05-Nov-17 19:18:12

I rigged up a system so that if I wore a body warmer or jacket I would tie my scarf (but a belt would do) round my waist on the outside of the jacket then pup could sit tucked into my jacket and not fall out the bottom. Probably looks a bit strange, but less so as pup likes to pop her head out of the front.
I have never had a problem with accidents but there have been times when pup is desperate to escape!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now