Talk

Advanced search

Persistently incontinent rescue dogs

(3 Posts)
Sallychamp Thu 02-Nov-17 12:36:01

Is there any hope? What would you do with 3 dogs who are incontinent and hate other dogs. Took on 3 rescue dogs who are now aging. One is extremely old and can hobble about but just poos and wees wherever. Others are middle aged but the same. They bring us no joy at all. Walking is a chore as we have to go places where there's no other dogs and its a major battle if we do meet another dog. They're well looked after and I'm with them all day. It's been like this ever since we got them which was about 7 years ago and I've never wanted to give up on them but lately it's really getting me down. No family in this country means so reprieve. Since getting them I've also been diagnosed with ms.

Floralnomad Thu 02-Nov-17 12:41:33

When you say incontinent do they have an actual diagnosis for each dog or is it just because they’ve never been properly housetrained ?

ExConstance Thu 02-Nov-17 13:15:19

I have cared for 4 very elderly dogs to end of life and none of them were incontinent if they could avoid it with mobility problems. I think you need to see your vet to see if there is anything that can be done or revert to the old puppy way of putting them outside very regularly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now