Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling oddly bereft

(9 Posts)
FenellaMaxwellsPony Thu 02-Nov-17 06:30:55

After 4 years of sleeping next to me every night, MaxwellDog has abandoned me. We moved baby DS (8mo) to his own room last week, and she's upped and gone with him.

No early morning fluffy cuddles for me anymore. She's mostly to be found snoring happily on her back with her feet in the air on the armchair in DS's room. Traitor!

People of the Doghouse - how do I bribe her back?! grin

BiteyShark Thu 02-Nov-17 06:39:43

Put another more comfy armchair in your room grin

FenellaMaxwellsPony Thu 02-Nov-17 06:45:26

@BiteyShark We have the same armchair in our room. She doesn't care! 😭 I even bought her a fancy Joules dog bed in the hope it might lure her back..... she dragged it into the baby's room.

MyYoniFromHull Thu 02-Nov-17 06:46:36

I have to wake mine up these days to come up to bed with me, as she's so deaf and blind that she no longer notices the late night locking up routine sad AND half the time she gets in with DS instead. The traitor.

DancesWithOtters Thu 02-Nov-17 06:48:05

That's kind of lovely though! She wants to guard her baby. smile

FenellaMaxwellsPony Thu 02-Nov-17 07:02:21

It's a complete conspiracy - he's in on it too. The dog got: the first smile, the first laugh, the first reaching out of arms, the first wave, the first cuddle initiated by DS. Bet she gets the first bloody word, too! grin

ludothedog Fri 03-Nov-17 23:02:26

that is too sweet! There is nothing sweeter than a baby and a dog. enjoy them both bear - pretend it's a dog emoji

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sat 04-Nov-17 16:18:43

Sounds like the start of a wonderful friendship!!

FenellaMaxwellsPony Sat 04-Nov-17 22:17:56

Well, this is going to be a long night. Fireworks central here. The dog is petrified but won't leave the baby so is cowering under his cot, in which he's sleeping obliviously, but she's too scared to be alone and whimpers pitifully if I leave her. Just bedding down for a night on the floor in their room now. 🙄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now