Talk

Advanced search

How spoilt is your dog?

(25 Posts)
BiteyShark Sun 22-Oct-17 08:25:53

Oh dear I think I have just become one of those dog owners whose dog rules the house [light hearted].

We have got rid of the crate for good but did we just buy a bed. Nope, we bought not one but two sofas specifically for the dog to sleep on in different rooms. Just back from a holiday and to make it up to him he has had pork sausages cooked and chopped up for him to 'forgive us'.

Make me feel better and tell me you spoil your dog as well grin

Mominatrix Sun 22-Oct-17 08:50:36

DDog's diet is definitely better than the average dog. TBF, it is simply what we eat, but not cooked (she is fed raw) with side prepared without the dangerous things for dogs. I would never give the dog things to eat which I would not give to my children. This week she had salmon sashimi with a bit of rice and seaweed, lamb cutlets, uncooked lamb kaftan (no spice), and today she will get the duck wings and liver from the bird I will be roasting served with some mashed sweet potato.

I know it looks OTT, but it is simply what we will be eating, so not really a faff to prepare. Do I think she notices? As I have caught he foraging from a rubbish bin the the park and happily slurping down good-knows-what, I'm not really sure she does.

She also goes to the hairdresser more than I do, has someone washing her paws as soon as she walks in the door (we are a no shoe house), and 3 beds throughout the house. On top of her 2 long walks everyday with plenty of off-lead time, she a large garden for faffing about in - life is definitely good for her.

Mominatrix Sun 22-Oct-17 08:51:15

kofta, not kaftan ( autocorrect!)

pingu73 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:53:21

I will attach a picture of where my beloved abbey sleeps

EmmaJR1 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:56:40

Please attached photo for how spoiled my dog is... they are my legs under that duvet!

pingu73 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:58:43

We have dog cat seats in both cars for her.
She is attatches at the hip bless

BiteyShark Sun 22-Oct-17 09:03:28

Mominatrix that diet sounds yummy, I'm coming round to yours grin.

Oh yes I forgot the frequent hair cuts. I have mine around every 5 months but he has his done every 6 weeks grin

BiteyShark Sun 22-Oct-17 09:07:26

You are all making me feel better smile. BiteyDog isn't allowed on our bed but he is on the spare bed so when I want a cuddle I go for a lie down in the spare room. DH thinks we are cruel for not letting him on our bed so I think it's only a matter of time grin

Lucisky Sun 22-Oct-17 09:53:18

Mine has two baskets of toys which are spread over the floor by the end of the day like a toddlers toys. I will have to teach her to put them away. She has two beds, both strategically placed by radiators. I don't think she is particularly spoilt though, I am quite strict about her behaving politely.

pingu73 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:53:57

Bitey my husband was opposed to abbey being in bed with us but he works nights and it’s such a comfort having her there plus she keeps my feet warm lol

InflagranteDelicto Sun 22-Oct-17 09:57:10

Ddog is very hard done by. Not allowed on furniture (we turn a blind eye to the windowsill), never allowed to sample our roast dinners,

MaitlandGirl Sun 22-Oct-17 10:17:06

Our dogs all have crates with single duvets in them and a large bath sheet. The two youngest sleep on our bed (or between the duvet and top sheet when it’s cold) and the oldest one sleeps on DD2s bed.

DD2 just got a double bed so the dog has more space for himself, his 2 pillows and his teddy bear!

BiteyShark Sun 22-Oct-17 11:44:59

The most annoying thing is that I think the two sofas are a bit too 'hard'. Would it be totally wrong for me to make a softer sofa topper for them so they are nice and comfy grin

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sun 22-Oct-17 20:17:00

I bought mine a puppy because I thought she needed someone to play with.
To be fair she loves this puppy as much as I do and minds her very well - she makes sure she eats her dinner undesturbed by the Yorkie, she takes her out to the garden for her wee wees and she even shares her bed. She has been spotted allowing the puppy to hang off her beard.
So in fact it turns out that the puppy is the most spoilt dog grin.

Hoppinggreen Tue 24-Oct-17 09:44:24

Mine isn't allowed upstairs or on the sofa BUT he has his own room ( with large chair) and in the garden he has a trampoline and 2 (yes 2) paddling pools and a ball pit

Jasmin82 Tue 24-Oct-17 23:20:44

Where to start? 2 years spent finding out that she will only eat Lukullus (which has to be ordered online) or Orijen.
Beds galore, but I only have about an inch of space on a double bed, her own chair in the front room. When house was refurbished, I left the cupboards under the windowsill in so she could continue to have somewhere to lie while watching passing traffic/people... The cupboard has a special doggy blanket on there so it's not too hard. Natural treats only, numerous hours spent making liver cake, collars from Denmark, treats from Germany, Brie when she's ill (it gets any tablets she needs down her), porridge made with water or coconut milk when she's ill/off food/it's a bit chilly, saucisson when I visit friends in France...
I'm going to stop there as I've just realised how much she has me wrapped round her paws blush

Wolfiefan Tue 24-Oct-17 23:26:50

We bought our dog a car!
Two freezers
One massive pen to sleep in.
And a single bed in the living room.
A dehydrator to make treats
Oh and she had blackout curtains before the youngest child.
And we co slept for three weeks when she came home!
hmm

Lilmisskittykat Tue 24-Oct-17 23:43:59

My dog is a definite diva...

She asks to be lifted onto furniture (beds, sofa) by put front paws on it then to be lifted up by sitting in your hand
Will only eat biscuits with warm water in them (not to mention people food) and will only eat after she is sure all people food is gone
She drinks tea from a mug and asks for the ends of brews by tapping their cup
She fetches us to come explore the garden
She gets my husband up in the middle if the night to sleep in the spare room with her and if I happen to sleep in there she will wake him up to get him to put her on the bed
You have to stand with an umbrella in the garden if it’s raining to make her toilet
If she chooses not to go for a walk that day she runs up the stairs and hides
If anyone hugs in my house she has to wriggle in to get the attention
Will only do a trick (paw etc) if there is food involved

That’s just what I can think of - it’s terrible really as she’s been spoilt mainly by my parents who doggysit whilst I’m at work so she has all these habits now - she really is the most adorable fluff though but I know it’s bad really

Lilmisskittykat Tue 24-Oct-17 23:44:49

The culprit ...

joystir59 Thu 02-Nov-17 08:13:49

Has 2 beds which are super soft, use of the sofas, gets a cooked meal Inc chicken potatoes carrots and broccoli on a regular basis (cooked without salt) plus human treats plus lovely 100% natural and organic dog treats (also hoovers up various vile natural 100% organic stuff from the beach and the countryside where we live. This is him.

Kurkku Thu 02-Nov-17 12:02:54

This is her. Just had a bath. I dried her, dressed her in a hoodie and gave her a treat for being a good girl.
She wanted cuddles so I carried her to the sofa. She was cold so I covered her with a blanket and held her.
Currently can't feel my arm and am stuck under her since an hour ago (should be cooking).
So no, not spoilt at all 😂.
By the way, did I mention I don't like small dogs, laugh at people who dress and baby theirs, and at our house, dogs.are.not.allowed.on.the.sofa.or.beds (want to guess where she sleeps?)?
Lol 😁

Floralnomad Thu 02-Nov-17 12:51:08

Our dog sleeps upstairs , he generally stays in with me and dh until I go to sleep ( about 1 ) and then I take him into ds room where he shares a double bed or if ds is out ( 3-5 nights a week) gets the bed to himself . During the day he sleeps wherever he wants , he has a bed in the lounge and in the conservatory but also goes on any settee / chair he fancies , he likes to be covered by a blanket normally . He gets good quality food with cooked meat / eggs / fish on his evening meal . He goes to the groomer every 2/3 weeks for either a bath and cut or just a bath . He has a paddling pool and sandpit in the garden . He never goes to any kind of dog care as he either holidays with us or a family member stays home with him . The photo shows him on the settee with a cushion as a pillow .

Judashascomeintosomemoney Thu 02-Nov-17 12:56:49

I used to live with best friend and her mum. We got home one day, tired and hungry after work, to the lovely smell of a home cooked steak and ale pie, flaky pastry and everything, mmmm! It wasn’t for us. It was for the dog! We got sent to the chippy!grin

PippleBang Fri 03-Nov-17 21:21:37

Cooked the dog a steak last week whilst DH and I had fish cakes.

Dog gets a weekly pampering bath, mine is much less frequent.

Dog got a brand new Barbour jacket last year - mine was second hand from ebay.

But dog is worth it wink

furlinedsheepskinjacket Fri 03-Nov-17 22:06:22

haha you do know dogs are pretty happy to eat anything smile

their tastebuds aren't that sensitive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now