Talk

Advanced search

Crying puppy somewhere nearby

(3 Posts)
DanHumphreyIsA Sat 21-Oct-17 12:12:59

All morning, I have heard a crying puppy which sounds like its coming from possibly 2 or 3 doors down.

I can’t see in their garden to know exactly where. I’ve never heard it before today.
I’m not a dog owner, but I’m wondering if this is normal with (presumably) a new puppy? Is it a form of training?

I’m prepared to be told I’m just being nosy, but I’m very sensitive to animal abuse and recently the local news reported a group of teens horrifically abusing an elderly cat in a street nearby. So I’m now I’m taking even more notice of animals, as the story stuck with me. I’ve seen a lot of people consider reporting similar incidents on here and elsewhere, too.

The noises it’s making is a high pitched squeal followed by some v.sad sounding wailing sad and then quietens down for a few minutes in between.

The weather here is dry but extremely windy, so thats another reason I’m finding it a bit hard to listen to..

Even if it is a cause for concern, given that I don’t know where it’s coming from exactly (definitely one of the gardens in my street though), is there even anyone I could contact, especially if it continues?

missbattenburg Sat 21-Oct-17 21:44:04

Puppies cry the most plaintive awful sound for many everyday reasons that don't indicate abuse. That said, most owners will do something to stop the crying within 10 mins or so. If this is going on, non stop then something may be amiss.

Afternooncatnap Sat 21-Oct-17 21:49:15

What time of day is it.

When we got our puppy he would cry all night and all morning wanting to be in bed with us. That's just part of having a puppy.

If it's in the day then they could be leaving the puppy. You shouldn't really be leaving puppies alone but I'm not sure there is much you can do about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now