Talk

Advanced search

Maybe an obvious question but...

(3 Posts)
Ellapaella Fri 20-Oct-17 19:23:48

My lovely 9 week old lab puppy came home with us on Wednesday (3 days ago). She was fine on Wednesday, a few accidents inside but we managed to get nearly all her poops done outside. They were a firm consistency and easy to pick up. By Thursday though they had started to get a little softer and more frequent, today they are really quite soft and almost ‘wet’ - leaving a smear behind after picking up. She’s on the exact same food that she was having with the breeder (fish 4 dogs) and nothing has changed at all in regards to her eating regime.
She certainly doesn’t have diarrhoea and is fine within herself but her poops are definitely getting softer/looser and more frequent. Is it possible she’s just unsettled/anxious as it’s just early days? I don’t want to miss anything obvious.

CornflakeHomunculus Fri 20-Oct-17 19:29:07

It's totally normal for a puppy to be a bit "loose" when they first come home. As long as she's eating well, not having proper diarrhoea and is bright and happy in herself then it's likely to just be the upheaval and it should settle down fairly quickly.

Ellapaella Fri 20-Oct-17 19:38:48

Thank you so much for your reply - she is indeed fine within herself, I’m just a bit nervous about tonight as I don’t want to risk her doing anything in her crate if she’s going more frequently. I’ll make sure we take her out more frequently tonight until things settle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now