Talk

Advanced search

175 miles to go. .

(8 Posts)
Santawontbelong Fri 20-Oct-17 15:04:59

Until I get home and see my poor ddog. .
We are driving back from 2 weeks hols with bad phone signal. . Messages on dh phone state ddog1 has had a mishap while over zealous play with ddog 2 apparently. A trip to the vet and stitches required. Suspicion aroused as the opening sentence was that no wire was sharp at all in exercise enclosure. . All calls going straight to the kennels voicemail so no actual conversation as yet. A family member is going to turn up before they close to collect injured ddog only. We need pay +collect ddog 2 tomo. . Am I to assume ddog 2 is having the cost taken from dog treat money? Am I to assume kennels have passed buck to ddog 2 so they don't pay? Never had any problems with the kennels or ddogs being there before. Not being accusing just not sure procedure. .

Elphame Fri 20-Oct-17 15:28:55

You need to find out what happened and how the injury was caused. My previous dog was badly cut at kennels by trying to dig himself out of his run, typical Welsh terrier! The kennels had him treated by a vet and paid the bill

LittleLights Fri 20-Oct-17 15:34:30

Hope DDog is not too bad

Santawontbelong Fri 20-Oct-17 18:30:03

Poor girl.

NoSquirrels Sat 21-Oct-17 00:34:09

Oh goodness - ouch! You need to know what happened there.

Santawontbelong Sat 21-Oct-17 12:09:01

Apparently ddog 2 was just being over zealous. . Dh went to collect naughty ddog this morning and paid the kennel fees (nearly £400 +£76.55vets bill) and they asked him for a fiver for the petrol for taking her!! Ddog slept on my pillow and dh on the couch!! I am sure she will opt to keep the cone of shame if it =sleeping on my bed as she is usually banished to the utility with the other ddogs!!

insert1usernamehere Sat 21-Oct-17 22:33:32

Ouch! Does that sound like the sort of thing that DDog2 would do - does she have previous for this sort of thing?

Santawontbelong Sat 21-Oct-17 22:44:14

Ddog2 is a husky and is always on a lead /pulling harness except at the kennels as they have an enclosed area they love being in together!! Think I am miffed off about the fiver petrol given we have given them a couple of grand these last couple of years!!
Ddog1 is absolutely loving the attention - and the chicken and scrambled eggs she is having!! Off to bed and dh has made up the couch again - for himself!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now