Talk

Advanced search

I think my new dog has swallowed a whole whimzees rice bone

(7 Posts)
Kidsruinedmylife Wed 11-Oct-17 19:43:42

Should I be worried? It was there one second, gone the next (she wasn't left alone with it, was chewing it on the floor at my feet). We thought she may have hidden it but we can't find it anywhere. It was smallish, maybe 4 inches long. Dog is only 7 months old and has only been here for a couple of days!! It says they are "highly digestible" but I doubt that applies to a whole one

BiteyShark Wed 11-Oct-17 20:11:15

My dog can inhale food. Sometimes for fun he swallows stuff in large chunks then brings it back up to chew it a bit more hmm. I therefore don't worry unless he was choking or struggling to eat other food.

I would just keep an eye on her and make sure other food and drink goes down and through ok.

tabulahrasa Wed 11-Oct-17 22:58:24

My dog eats those in 2 bites... is she a very small dog?

Kidsruinedmylife Thu 12-Oct-17 05:38:23

She's about the size of a staffie, she seems ok at the moment so will have to keep a close eye I guess!

tabulahrasa Thu 12-Oct-17 10:15:35

She's probably just eaten it, there's not as much chewing on them as you'd think.

PhatSlag Sat 14-Oct-17 19:41:22

My dogs would demolish a rice bone in two minutes so I wouldn’t worry tbh. They aren’t very hard to chew.

Kidsruinedmylife Sat 14-Oct-17 21:30:34

Fair enough, she really is absolutely fine so I think I was panicking about nothing, to be fair our other dog isn't interested in chews at all!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: