Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Forthglade v. Gentle

(7 Posts)
PerfectlyChaotic Thu 05-Oct-17 07:28:27

My 5mth old is currently on Gentle cold pressed dog food...doing well on it & I supplement with sardines, eggs etc as she was a little on the lean side. The only downside is that it's a slight faff to get hold of...I've recently been recommended the Forthglade wet food as a great addition & notice that they've just added a cold pressed food to their range. They stock it in PAH! Would be much more convenient but I wondered whether anyone is feeding it and would they recommend? To an untrained eye it seems v similar to Gentle. No reviews as yet on allaboutdogfood...

Cocobananas Thu 05-Oct-17 08:09:53

Is it a faff? I order Gentle direct from their website and it arrives the next day. No problems in the year I have had dog on it. I am at home though so no delivery worries and the courier will put it in a safe dry place if you specify , no signature required.

PerfectlyChaotic Thu 05-Oct-17 12:50:22

Ahh, that's good to know. I haven't ordered online as there is a stockist a little drive away (hence the slight faff!). Do you add anything to it?

Cocobananas Thu 05-Oct-17 15:21:38

I didn’t like the kibble quality that she was on before, so give her Naturediet in the mornings to add moisture to her diet because she is not a big drinker and Gentle in the evening on its own. She eats both happily, sometimes I add the oil from a tin of mackerel on top of the Gentle but you could moisten it with some warm water. I found a local pet shop which do Naturediet 18 packs for the price of 16 and there original price is cheaper than PAH anyway...deal seems to be ongoing. I like using wet and dry...I use some of her breakfast to stuff into a Kong toy some days and some of the dry ration as run of the mill training treats. Save the sausage and cheese for recall and not jumping up🤗

PerfectlyChaotic Fri 06-Oct-17 07:33:46

Funnily enough I bought some Naturediet yesterday as looking for something good to stuff into her Kongs! I wouldn't have thought she'll need the whole block in...can you defrost enough to portion up? Or what's the best way to manage?

Cocobananas Fri 06-Oct-17 08:22:48

The Naturediet I buy is the wet food in a vac sealed pack. It is pretty long dated and doesn5 need to be kept in the fridge but I do and she has half a pack one morning and the other half the next day. There are four or five different flavours.

Soubriquet Fri 06-Oct-17 16:16:11

I feed my dog forthglade grain free with piccolo biscuits and she's thriving really well on it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now