Talk

Advanced search

My new foster girl :-)

(26 Posts)
CMOTDibbler Tue 03-Oct-17 10:10:42

A bit older than we usually have, but the rescue were desperate, and she is a gorgeous 18 month old brindle lurcher. She's quite scared and thin but loves a cuddle grin

KinkyAfro Tue 03-Oct-17 11:09:38

Those ears! She's lovely

Flippetydip Tue 03-Oct-17 11:46:20

She's glorious!

pigsDOfly Tue 03-Oct-17 12:36:35

What a gorgeous face. She looks very comfortable and very much at home there.

Auntiedahlia Tue 03-Oct-17 12:38:11

Oh wow, she's gorgeous. If I didn't have a dog already I'd be looking to give her a permanent home.

Santawontbelong Tue 03-Oct-17 12:40:21

Hello from my girls!!

inchyrablue Tue 03-Oct-17 12:41:38

Your cat looks a teeny bit put out to be sharing that sofa! grin Lurchers just have the best ears.

steppemum Tue 03-Oct-17 12:46:00

Oh lovely.
We have just had our first foster dog. He was gorgeous, with us for 2 weeks, and now in his new home.
We are havign a break this week as cat wasn't happy sad
But next dog arriving at the weekend.

CMOTDibbler Tue 03-Oct-17 12:59:54

The cat doesn't care ! He walked over her yesterday evening to get to his desired place. She has no interest in the cats or the chickens, but does need dog company.

Steppemum, I hope your cat gets used to it. The feeling when your foster settles into their new house is just fabulous isn't it!

steppemum Tue 03-Oct-17 13:13:12

I thought we would be sad, but the new owners were just right and it was lovely seeing him go off to his new home.

steppemum Tue 03-Oct-17 13:14:21

Oh I managed to post an image

<faints in the shock of actually getting it to work>

There he is, lovely lovely gentle natured young dog.

Arrrhhhh smile

elQuintoConyo Tue 03-Oct-17 15:31:30

GorgeousCMOT

Alice says hi (we have had her nearly a year).

elQuintoConyo Tue 03-Oct-17 15:34:17

FFS elQuintoConyo!

Here she is in Narbonne. She wasn't allowed in!

Littlewoo Tue 03-Oct-17 15:36:13

She is absolutely beautiful, hope she finds her forever home soon. We've had our rescue lurcher for 4 months now and it's hard to imagine life without her and her lovely snuggles.

steppemum Wed 04-Oct-17 10:56:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CMOTDibbler Wed 04-Oct-17 11:19:39

What breed is this one Steppemum?

Alice is gorgeous ElQuinto! I love rough coated dogs

Gorgeous girl has been tearing round the house with the other dogs this morning and is now playing with toys. But we met our neighbour out on the green yesterday and she was terrified and hid behind me shaking, so a long way to go. But she needs a home of her own (cat, chicken friendly, kids over 12)

steppemum Wed 04-Oct-17 11:25:06

here he is

steppemum Wed 04-Oct-17 11:25:48

GSD cross I think, but he is older and has lived with cats and kids.

steppemum Wed 04-Oct-17 22:58:22

Oh he is home now. He is huge! Like a giant gentle black wolf and an old man, the complete opposite of bouncy!
Bit nervous at the moment.

SleightOfMind Wed 04-Oct-17 23:03:54

Aw, well done all of you. I'd love to foster when the DCs are older and I have more time.
DH thinks he'll fail though. Says he'll get too attached.

nodogsinthebedroom Wed 04-Oct-17 23:05:37

Aw cute. I think I saw her in FB? Here's mine. Also cute but weeing everywhere sad

steppemum Wed 04-Oct-17 23:10:30

you noticed we were supposed to be taking a break until the weekend...
We held out for 3 days!

cat not impressed sad

he has left home and won't come in, no matter how much I call him.
We will see whether he is asleep on my feet in a grump in the morning, or still outside being a matyr.

HemanOrSheRa Wed 04-Oct-17 23:19:00

Oh my! She is beautiful CMOT smile. I'd love a lurcher/greyhound/whippet. Such elegant dogs except when they lounge and are a tangle of long legs!

steppemum Thu 05-Oct-17 08:52:23

Oh dear,
cat returned last night, asleep on my bed. All is quiet.

(my bedroom is out of bounds to visiting dogs, and due to shape of house/position of door etc even if dogs go upstairs they don't go in my room. It is therefore Cats Sanctuary)

4 am, dog comes upstairs, is lonely, looking for reassurance and company. Walks striaght into our room. Cat flips, springs into air, lands on dh face, streaks down and out, Dog looks bemused and just wants a cuddle (ignores cat)

Cat has not returned.
Stair gate will be purchased today.

CMOTDibbler Thu 05-Oct-17 10:51:11

Oops! Is your DHs face OK? My fosters get crated at night, and current girl is sleeping with one of my dogs while she settles down so that the house is free to the cats. I use stair gates in the day as the kitchen is always off limits to dogs, and puppies get confined to the dining room (puppy safe, nothing to chew) with one when no one is directly supervising

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: