Talk

Advanced search

How much do you pay for dog daycare?

(16 Posts)
Haint Mon 25-Sep-17 18:16:08

I've found a good one, I really like them. They also run the local obedience class so know their stuff

But it's £30 a day. That's only marginally less than nursery for an actual child.

I don't mind paying it if it's the going rate, but before I do I just wanted to check

BiteyShark Mon 25-Sep-17 18:18:22

Around me they charge anything from £20 to £25 for a full day. Some charge less if you use them more than three times a week. I pay less as I just have half a day.

roloisking Mon 25-Sep-17 18:21:11

Our local kennel does daycare for £25 per day for my 2 dogs. I now have a dog walker for £12 per hour - if I have to work late, she will come twice and it's still marginally cheaper.

There are cheaper day care options locally, but they do not seem to be properly insured or licensed so I don't want to take the risk.

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 25-Sep-17 18:22:12

£10 all day, she picks up and drops off (East Midlands if location makes a difference)

BiteyShark Mon 25-Sep-17 18:22:54

Maybe check out day care options with dog walkers as some offer that option but only have a few dogs at a time rather than a large one.

Haint Mon 25-Sep-17 18:23:03

So £25 for two dogs or each?

Looks like £30 might be a bit on the expensive side

roloisking Mon 25-Sep-17 18:24:23

£25 in total for the 2 dogs - I'm in the South East

Noofly Mon 25-Sep-17 19:02:22

I pay £18.50 a day. I found a fantastic place- very small, no kennels. The dogs have an indoor area with sofas and toys and an enclosed outdoor garden with sandpit, vast grassy area and more toys. My dog goes nuts every week when he realises it is Friday and he gets to go to doggy daycare. grin

IllhaveaPpleaseBob Mon 25-Sep-17 21:05:38

Our dog goes to a lovely bloke who has a few dogs most days in his very well set-up house. It is only £10 a day including a lovely long walk. He’ll drop him back to our house if he’s not going to be in at the time we need to collect. He also does dog boarding for £20 a night. He loves our dog almost as much as we do & lets him snuggle on the sofa in the evenings. We are very lucky!

Dottymum2 Mon 25-Sep-17 23:18:39

Our groomers also day boards for £15 and they get to play with all the other doggies there, have not used it for day care myself but I thought the price was good.

Hoppinggreen Tue 26-Sep-17 08:16:17

£15 per day and £20 overnight - we are in Yorkshire

Thewolfsjustapuppy Tue 26-Sep-17 08:17:55

The £15.60 a day i pay is starting to look good. I'm in Cornwall.

ButFirstTea Tue 26-Sep-17 15:40:54

£30 a day, we're in SW London. It's a home based daycare who have from 2 to 8 dogs on a typical day. Very relaxed, we just have to text which days we need on a Sunday for the week ahead.

It's an average price for the area and our dog absolutely loves it, he pulls on his lead all the way down the street to get to their door!

FreakinScaryCaaw Tue 26-Sep-17 15:44:27

My exdh does it in his house and he only charges £12. Look on different sites or look on Facebook for local ones. Maybe ask on local facebook pages?

RideSallyRide Tue 26-Sep-17 15:47:48

£19 a day or £30 for both of them. In Manchester.
They used to go more often when I worked out of the house but now I work from home we just send them on Fridays so they are worn out and let us have a lie in (ha!) on Saturday mornings.

We've been using the same lady since she ran it from her home and she has slowly turned it into a huge business with a compound (with an outside play area, huge indoor space for them to run around she. It is raining and lots of cosy little areas with sofas and cuddle-y areas) and lots of staff and even a groomer who comes on specific days. She has them to stay at her house when we go on holiday and when we say "her name is coming to the door" they lose their minds with glee.

One of our dogs was very, very nervous if other dogs and doggy daycare has done him the world of good. There are lots of other things we'd sacrifice in this before doggy daycare.

PoisonedIvy Tue 26-Sep-17 15:49:02

£28 per day with drop-off and pick-up. In Yorkshire

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now