Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

peanut butter balls for weight gain?

(9 Posts)
shakeyourcaboose Mon 11-Sep-17 21:31:39

Does this work? I have the fear that this will cause havoc with the bowels! Is for an 11 yo (currently rather grumpy boy!)

pigsDOfly Mon 11-Sep-17 22:58:22

Don't know if it works for weight gain, but you do have to be careful about certain ingredients in some brands of peanut butter that are not good for dogs.

PerfectlyChaotic Tue 12-Sep-17 06:26:38

PAH sell a doggy peanut butter. My girl LOVES it! Don't know about nutritional value though.

shakeyourcaboose Tue 12-Sep-17 14:14:10

Thanks will have a look when am in next- am starting to think ill just send my salary directly to them at the moment!

Bubble2bubble Tue 12-Sep-17 14:26:32

Tinned sardines helped to put weight on my very skinny dog, and definitely helped his coat as well. The occasional raw egg is good as well.

Olliver27 Tue 12-Sep-17 20:13:34

No need to buy specific marked up peanut butter, just make sure the one you buy from the supermarket doesn't contain Xylitol as it is toxic to dogs.

PerfectlyChaotic Tue 12-Sep-17 20:37:02

We use sardines too! She's gaining nicely now. Bizarrely, doggy peanut butter is cheaper that the one I buy for the family 😊

LimeJellyHead Tue 10-Oct-17 18:18:39

As mentioned, be careful with peanut butter. Check the ingredients. For dogs, avoid any that contain Xylitol www.dfordog.co.uk/blog/peanut-butter-xylitol-danger-to-dogs.html

CMOTDibbler Tue 10-Oct-17 18:21:27

Add in a lunch meal with sardines, and add raw egg to the other meals, plus a slug of codliver oil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now