Talk

Advanced search

My chilly boy

(13 Posts)
SnowBodyforrrrm Wed 06-Sep-17 20:47:18

My five month old toy Manchester terrier is getting chilly in the evenings now it's getting cold. I had to come down at 1am this morning as he was crying. As soon as I put a well wrapped up hot water bottle under his blankets, he settled. I'd rather not use the bottle incase he were to chew it (he isn't a chewer but can't be too cautious) so I was thinking of getting him a little practical warm jumper or jacket. Can anyone recommend a brand or where to get one?

Butterymuffin Wed 06-Sep-17 20:51:30

I can't but have you looked at heated dog/pet beds?

BiteyShark Wed 06-Sep-17 20:55:10

I would look for beds that he can snuggle down in that have sides to avoid the drafts.

If he is small have you looked at igloo beds? When mine was a puppy he loved his material type igloo bed that he could snuggle at the back with his blanket.

villainousbroodmare Wed 06-Sep-17 20:58:14

Equafleece (I don't work for them) are lovely, hardwearing and unfussy.

CornflakeHomunculus Wed 06-Sep-17 21:34:31

Another vote for Equafleece jumpers/suits/tankies, they're brilliant.

usainbolt Wed 06-Sep-17 21:51:37

Springthings make great coats here

or Hi9 beds with a snuggle cave bed here

Wolfiefan Wed 06-Sep-17 21:54:24

Put the heating on for the baby puppy! grin

LunaFortuna Wed 06-Sep-17 21:57:20

Definitely a snuggle bed - our terrier loves hers. Much easier to regulate their temperature in a bed rather than a jumper? Anyway, got my dog's bed from here...

www.charleychau.com/collections/luxury-snuggle-beds

SnowBodyforrrrm Wed 06-Sep-17 23:22:58

Ah wow, I wasn't expecting so many brilliant responses! Thank you so much, I will take a browse now.

He's had his big brother (bulldog) snuggle as close as possible tonight so he's nice and toasty for now which is lucky as the hot water bottle fell down the back of the radiator 🙁.

Good point about the beds being better for temperature regulation luna I'll still look for a jumper for the up coming chilly walks!

Thanks again all 😀

LakieLady Mon 11-Sep-17 11:13:51

He should obviously be snuggled up on your bed with you, OP, to get the benefit of human body heat! Lola Loudmouth-Lakeland will settle for nothing less on cold nights.

Failing that, an Equafleece and some nice fluffy vetbed.

Nowthereistwo Mon 11-Sep-17 11:18:55

We had equafleeces jumper style for our greyhounds - kept their bellies warm!

They wore them indoors when the nights got cold and were very snug.

CMOTDibbler Mon 11-Sep-17 11:30:24

My skinny lurcher has fleece house coats that he wears once it gets chilly (like now) as he really does feel the cold. We buy ours from Milgi as they are such good quality, and they can make them to order.
He actually has more coats than I do as he needs raincoats, quilted outdoor, fleecy lined ones, pyjamas...

LimeJellyHead Tue 10-Oct-17 18:19:55

A vote for Equafleece from me too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now