Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Needs lots of opinions and advice please!!

(7 Posts)
NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sun 25-Jun-17 17:53:03

At the moment I work from home. If I have to go out for a long day to see clients I book the dog in doggy day care. This happens 2 or 3 times a week. I'm perfectly happy with the arrangement. When I'm here, the dog sits on the windowsill watching the world go by he also does this when I'm out the neighbours tell me. The doggy daycare lady said he does exactly the same thing at doggy daycare (I don't mind, I know he's safe and company is there if he wants it)

I've been offered a really good job which will mean being out of the house from 8-6 weekdays. I don't know what to do about the dog now. Should I put him in doggy daycare every day? Should I leave him at home some days (I have 2 lodgers who come and go in the day - they wouldn't walk him but they would tell me if anything was wrong). Another alternative is to give up the doggy daycare and hire a dog walker to take him on one or two long dog walks a day.

Money is a little bit tight but not too bad, I don't want money to be the deciding factor if that makes sense, I'd rather cut costs elsewhere.

What do you do?

BiteyShark Sun 25-Jun-17 18:37:51

Personally I would pick either dog walker or day care (wasn't sure whether you were also asking about him staying at home with the lodgers coming and going which might be an issue with guaranteed toilet breaks).

How much money wise is the day care compared to dog walker. Personally I would pick day care over a dog walker unless there are an issue with financing it.

Launderetta Sun 25-Jun-17 19:06:14

I'd go with the dog walker, walking him once per day, plus lodgers being there for the human company.

TattyCat Sun 25-Jun-17 22:14:06

Day care, absolutely. 8-6 is a ridiculously long time to be alone, even with a couple of walks.

SlowRiver Sun 25-Jun-17 22:17:14

Dog walker and lodgers

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sun 25-Jun-17 22:56:21

Dog walker and lodgers if all he does at daycare is sit on the windowsill and watch the world go by I don't see why he would need it. How old is he?

Whoknowswhocares Mon 26-Jun-17 09:54:47

Why not a combination of the two? The 2/3 days at daycare he is used to, which will be busier for him, and the others with a dog walker/the lodgers to balance out some quieter days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now