Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've just spend 200 quid and there nothing wrong with my dog

(12 Posts)
FluffyEwok Sat 24-Jun-17 21:27:49

I'm relieved but ffs out of hours vets advised me to bring her in as she hasn't had a wee for 12 hours. Nothing wrong and 200 quid down anyone else done similar?

hahahaIdontgetit Sat 24-Jun-17 21:29:41

So why hasn't she had a wee?
Our bitch has been diagnosed with hypochondria so I do know how you feel.

FluffyEwok Sat 24-Jun-17 21:32:58

they scanned her bladder it was clear. They don't know but she's well otherwise

hahahaIdontgetit Sat 24-Jun-17 22:35:10

Oh bless her, do you have insurance? Sometimes it's worth it.

Give her a cuddle and put it down to experience.

lougle Sat 24-Jun-17 22:51:48

Ouch! Is she drinking? Poor you.

Floralnomad Sat 24-Jun-17 23:35:05

We've got form for this , my mums elderly dog regularly goes to OOh vet on a Saturday night and makes a miraculous recovery from whatever ailment he had by the time he arrives . Hope dog is peeing well tomorrow .

FluffyEwok Sun 25-Jun-17 12:37:12

she's peeing now and shes forgiven for scaring me x

Goingtobeawesome Tue 27-Jun-17 14:07:51

Guinea pig 1 ill, took to out of hours at 7am. £49 to look at him. £49 to out him to sleep. This was the PDSA.

Guinea pig 2 not right, took to our vet. £0 to look at her. £7 to put her to sleep, cost price of the drugs.

ItsTimeForDuggee Tue 27-Jun-17 14:12:55

£180 for both of my rabbits teeth to be looked at nothing wrong with either of them! Another vet was going to charge me £150 each

user1490142285 Tue 27-Jun-17 14:16:11

Spent over £500 on our dog after she ate Christmas chocolate a couple of days before Christmas. Out of hours vet gave her an emetic injection and kept her overnight on fluids.
Our friend who is a vet said he would have given her the emetic and sent her home.
Out of hours are known for inflating the cost of everything. A friend who works at the BVA says there is a very small profit margin in veterinary medicine so I guess I don't begrudge it very much - ? But yes, every Fri evening veterinary health question gives me the heebiejeebies until Mon morning rolls around.

Pombliboo123 Tue 27-Jun-17 15:19:54

I once rushed my dog to the emergency vet on a Sunday morning...

He was crying and shaking, wouldn't stand up, lay down when i took him outside for the toilet, snapped at me when I tried to touch him (very out of character), wouldn't even take some chicken to eat.

Rushed him to the vet, crying the whole way thinking he was going to die (we have lost another dog due to digestive issues).

The vet squeezed his tummy... he did the loudest fart I've ever heard from any animal or human and his little tail started wagging again and out he bounded into the reception area.

£340. Not even joking.

ExConstance Thu 29-Jun-17 12:10:06

Yes, £330 about a month ago. Dog strolled into the sitting room and peed blood on the carpet, rushed him down to the vet, he was poked, prodded, had his prostate examined, an ultra sound and blood and urine tests. Nothing detected. I know he was ill because he was wobbly on his feet and very out of sorts for 10 days or so, now fully recovered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now