Talk

Advanced search

Do sardines cause farting? And first time recall training...

(8 Posts)
confuzzled42 Fri 23-Jun-17 18:04:52

Sorry new posting name as can't remember my log-in for my usual one but anyway.... Newly adopted greyhound, settling beautifully, being brilliant all round. Last week I gave her tinned mackerel as her coat's a bit dull and today I gave her sardines. She has been farting bad enough to clear a room - most unfortunate as she tends to lie in the room where DH gives his music lessons - which is so sweet but not so sweet today 😱 Could it be sardines or too many treats or could she be ill?

In other news we gave our first one-on-one training session- I'm actually quite nervous!

confuzzled42 Fri 23-Jun-17 18:05:36

Arghhh sorry that should say HAVE our first training session!

Wolfiefan Fri 23-Jun-17 18:06:58

Greys fart! They're renowned for it! grin
Are you the poster with the gorgeous black girl?
(Not stalking. Honestly not!)

confuzzled42 Fri 23-Jun-17 18:20:33

Yes I am and she is gorgeous and has so far smelt gorgeous too but it's been EVIL today, I tell you EVIL

Wolfiefan Fri 23-Jun-17 18:38:01

I reckon I could hire wolfie pup out to strip paint. Honestly! grin

Rightpivotturn Sat 24-Jun-17 16:52:14

Many people think that when greyhounds are adopted they should come with their own reed diffuser/scented candle. As a breed, they can produce absolutely evil wind (as you have just discovered!). Finding the "right" food will help, but occasional farts like that are sadly just one of the few downsides. You will look at this adorable creature, with silken fur and elegant legs and liquid velvet eyes, and think "How the F did this beastie produce enough toxic gas to expect the UN to come knocking on the door?" grin

plominoagain Sat 24-Jun-17 19:50:24

Ah yes , the farting . They stare soulfully into your eyes , pause , then walk out casually . Thirty seconds later your eyes start streaming , your nose waves a white flag , and the neighbours come round to enquire if something is decomposing grin

confuzzled42 Sat 24-Jun-17 23:25:26

Not bad at all today - I'm going back to mackerel - I blame the sardines. Can't afford that to happen again -DH will lose all his pupils!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: