Talk

Advanced search

Please help name my brother's new rescue dog.

(10 Posts)
UnicornsAndFairydust Tue 06-Jun-17 15:15:39

My brother is getting a dog. We grew up with family dogs but it's his first. He's been thinking about it a few years now that his job situation (self employed) allows for it. But he was waiting for his seemingly immortal cat to die, which it finally has at the age of 21! (Sorry lovely cat, but I'm more of a dog person and she had a long happy life!).
Anyway, he visited the local rescue at the weekend and has chosen a lovely girl. She's still quite young - approx 8 months I believe. He said she was very calm and friendly and kept bringing him ''pressies' from the rubbish bin (he was able to spend time with her in their lounge area). He had his heart set on a Staffy x and she was the only one. Otherwise he was originally looking for a slightly older dog. I have attached the pictures from the spca website (this is in NZ).
Anyway my brother doesn't have a name for her yet, and is rubbish with such things. So I thought I would call upon the wonderful, knowledgeable dog lovers of the doghouse to help name her.
Would be ever so grateful for some ideas. And I promise to report back on what he selects. Thank you smile.

TroysMammy Tue 06-Jun-17 15:20:21

Toffee
Saffy the Staffy

MineKraftCheese Tue 06-Jun-17 15:24:53

She is adorable. What a beautiful girl.

Xena (she looks like a warrior princess)

SoapyChoc Tue 06-Jun-17 15:26:44

She's gorgeous. What about Millie?

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Tue 06-Jun-17 15:27:32

For some reason Daphne the Staffy has a nice ring to me.

She's so cute! Love Staffies.

Starlighter Tue 06-Jun-17 15:29:47

Love Saffy!

My dd just suggested Rosie!

UnicornsAndFairydust Tue 06-Jun-17 15:45:30

ooooh great names so far, thanks! i have a staffy x rescue (failed foster blush), and his best friend has a staffy. I think we influenced his choices somewhat by singing the praises of the breed. I wish more people weren’t so biased against them!

MiaFarrowsWheelbarrow Tue 06-Jun-17 15:49:11

She's beautiful (I too have a staffy cross).
Really like the previous suggestion of Toffee due to her colouring but I also like Izzy or Lola.

Wolfiefan Tue 06-Jun-17 15:50:58

She's stunning. Love Rosie. And Saffy.
What a face!
Does he know her history? He's heading for the teenage stage and she could be in a secondary fear stage <eyes up scaredy pup!>

TheBrandNewBLUE Tue 06-Jun-17 18:40:21

She looks so sweet. She definitely needs a sweet girly name. Rosie, honey, poppy, daisy, ruby, rue, holly, daffodil (daffy for short), saph (like in sapphire), Daphne, Bella, Izzie, gem/Gemma

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now