Talk

Advanced search

French Bulldogs!

(12 Posts)
PhuqIt Tue 30-May-17 18:32:31

Anyone got one of know one?

Mine is the naughtiest little bugger ever. All I ever hear is how the breed is gentle, chilled out and "easy" but mine is an absolute psycho.

Nancy91 Tue 30-May-17 18:36:28

I've only ever come across really hyper and naughty ones, I'm not sure if it's a trait of the breed or just bad training.

Catdogcat Tue 30-May-17 18:38:03

Mine is great. Super chilled and gentle.

BUT he is stubborn as hell. We had a nightmare house training him and he's still not 100% there.

I work from home which I think helps.

PhuqIt Tue 30-May-17 18:46:30

He's a year old now and still not house trained. Sometimes I'll tell him to sit and he'll instinctively go to sit but then change his mind and stand there really defiant!

We're going to get him fixed as he's obsessed with attacking the knees and ankles of all men for some reason

Catdogcat Tue 30-May-17 18:51:18

Our boy is 6 months. Oh yeah we get nowhere with sit.

We managed good recall eventually so he can now be trusted off the lead.

Our main problem is he thinks everyone is his friend so dashes up to them for a fuss, working on that.

Magnificunt Tue 30-May-17 19:06:04

Ours is 7 months old and she's a bit of a bugger. She's definitely the alpha dog, our 8 year old Staffie is bullied by her but I'm hoping that settles a bit once the little one's been spayed.
She's not properly house trained (just cleaned a poo off the bathroom floor!) and she runs in circles around the front room like a loon when the mood takes her.
I do love her though!

picklemepopcorn Tue 30-May-17 19:18:10

My boy is a Frenchie cross. Pain in the bum. Adorable though. He's quite clever. He knows what 'stay there, I'm just getting a coffee' means. It means don't bother getting up unless you want to nick Mum's seat. 'Stay there, I've got to answer the door' means sprint down the stairs and observe who is at the door.
He also knows 'no, it's my icecream' means he'll get a time taste when it's almost all gone.

MotherPie Wed 07-Jun-17 00:18:09

My frenchie x Boston terrier is perfectly behaved. Great recall, loves children, perfectly housetrained and very lazy. The snoring though grin

AntiopeofThemyscira Wed 07-Jun-17 00:30:54

I walk one. He's lovely, only six months but a really kindly, laid back little fellow. I do a French accent for him when I his voice - all the dogs I walk have a voice I assign to them grin

LilCamper Wed 07-Jun-17 08:40:46

Getting him neutered will not change that behaviour. in fact, if it is fear based it could make it worse.

ShesAStar Fri 09-Jun-17 13:01:53

AntiopeofThemyscira - that's so funny! My DH 'does the voice' of dogs we see on walks, always has us in stitches!

BlackbirdSingsInTheDeadOfNight Mon 12-Jun-17 13:55:36

My parents had a French bulldog a few years back. He had never-ending horrible health problems but somehow survived to be 12 years old. Loveable little chap but a lazy bugger and was never remotely interested in being trained!

LOVE the French accent idea! Our dog (golden lab puppy) has her own voice - note to self to start voicing the dogs we walk past too, seeing as they all clearly have something to say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now