Talk

Advanced search

Where do I start with them?

(2 Posts)
MrsPeelyWaly Tue 30-May-17 07:21:34

Approx 4 months ago my daughter and her husband found a dying dog and a litter of 8 tiny puppies. To cut a long story short we hand reared them and they are now much loved family pets after being adopted by all of my children. I have two of the buggers and they are what are known here as Wadi Dogs. We are experienced dog owners but to be frank its so long since I had puppies around I can no longer remember what I should be doing with them. My last dog died of old age and the two huskies I recently fostered before I found new homes for them in the states came to me already trained.

I would like the dogs to start coming into the house and live with us (thats me and my severely disabled son) in the real sense rather than come in for 10 minutes or so at a time before going back into the garden or their air conditioned wee house. How do I make this happen pls?

I can already walk both of them to heel and they can follow basic commands such as sit, shake hands blush, lie down. But for the life of me I cannot remember how I house train them, as daft as that may sound. And yes, my children are doing it with their puppies but when they explain it to me Im not really grasping it. They've even offered to do it for me but I dont want that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

LilCamper Tue 30-May-17 07:57:53

Read through the files in the Facebook group 'Dog Training Advice and Support'. There is an error less toilet training one.

I also recommend you do some research on 'Littermate Syndrome'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now