Talk

Advanced search

Question for a vet please? Dog castration.

(11 Posts)
deanmoriarty Mon 29-May-17 18:05:20

Also posted this in chat.

My dog is due to be castrated first thing tomorrow morning.

He had sickness and diarrhoea last week (suffers with doggy IBS!) but been better since Friday. However - sorry TMI - his poo is still squidgy, as it always takes a few days to firm up after he's had a bout of dodgy tummy.

He is eating and drinking fine and is full of beans.

Do you think they will still operate or delay it? I can't ask my vet as they are closed. I am concerned because I have time off this week to care for him after, which I can't have again any time soon 

SparklingRaspberry Mon 29-May-17 19:02:43

Every vet is different.

I'm not an actual vet. I'm an assistant. But in the practice I work in, they would ask how he's been in the last 48 hours and if he's been fine since Friday they'd go ahead.

However they'd obviously ask more in depth questions!

deanmoriarty Tue 30-May-17 08:35:19

Thank you - he's gone in, so hopefully he will stay there and get the job done!

BiteyShark Tue 30-May-17 08:38:20

Good news OP. Mine is booked in for neutering in August so interested to know how your DDog gets on with his stitches and recovery.

deanmoriarty Tue 30-May-17 09:22:04

Ok bitey, I'll keep you updated!

SparklingRaspberry Tue 30-May-17 20:02:08

Hope it went well smile

deanmoriarty Tue 30-May-17 22:45:53

Thanks sparkling. All is good so far.

BiteyShark Wed 31-May-17 06:03:49

That's good news. Hope he recovers quickly.

Did you opt for a cone or a medical type tshirt?

deanmoriarty Wed 31-May-17 08:15:42

He came out in a cone! He's being so good so far. Back tomorrow for a check up.

deanmoriarty Tue 04-Jul-17 17:36:49

Reply for biteyshark

My dog had absolutely no problems. He had the cone on for 12 days (I was scared to take it off in case he wouldn't let me put it back on!). He made no fuss, healed up fine and there seem to have been no ill effects. Good luck with your dog!

BiteyShark Tue 04-Jul-17 17:44:43

Thanks for the update, we are booked in later in the year so hoping it goes as well as yours did grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now