Talk

Advanced search

I just need to tell someone...

(9 Posts)
Mupflup Sat 27-May-17 12:06:17

Mupdog is a recent rescue, she's nervous, scared of strangers and reactive to other dogs. She started a course of special training classes today and at the start of the class she was obviously terrified, kept trying to run off, couldn't get her to walk properly on the lead for the exercises. By the end she was trotting confidently around, tail in the air, ignoring the other dogs and bothering me for cheese. The trainer lady was amazed at her.

I'm so proud of her, she's such a little trooper and she was so brave. We still have a long way to go and I'm not counting my chickens, but I'm so happy at how it went today!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sat 27-May-17 12:08:06

How thrilled you must feel, good luck to her. smile

LumelaMme Sat 27-May-17 12:20:57

Brilliant! It's always so good when you see a real improvement in a worried dog.

roundtable Sat 27-May-17 12:23:08

I'm on another rescue dog thread Mupdog - that's fantastic news flowers

Nickynackynoodle Sat 27-May-17 12:26:42

Oh amazing! You must be so proud. How did you find your classes? No one in my area seems to respond to my messages!

Mupflup Sat 27-May-17 12:42:07

Thanks all, I'm a very proud mumma right now. DH is away and I can't speak to him until later and my mum is on hols and none of my friends are very doggy so I had no - one to tell!

Nicky someone I used to chat to when walking recommended it and I managed to get on pretty quickly. Worth asking other dog owners I'd say. The trainer is quite well known locally, has a Facebook page abd a website. I had tried another behaviourist but he said she was so bad there was no way she'd be able to cope with classes, but I wanted to at least give it a go.

I'm in South Wales, just in case that's near for you.

pigsDOfly Sat 27-May-17 13:53:40

How lovely. It's a wonderful feeling when they start to learn and make progress, doubly so when the dog is nervous and fearful.

Well done both of you.

Wolfiefan Sat 27-May-17 13:58:51

Well done mupdog. An excellent start. star
Greetings from over the Severn!

Nancy91 Sat 27-May-17 13:59:35

Yay! Go MupFlupPup grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now