Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Very fussy Golden Retriever

(5 Posts)
Isthatwhatdemonsdo Fri 19-May-17 09:36:53

Hi
I'm after some advice about what I can feed my extremely fussy 5 yr old Golden Retriever. We've tried Burns, James Wellbeloved, Spinners, Eukanuba breed specific.
He eats these for a few months then turns his nose up. The latest Eukanuba we've not finished the bag yet and now he's turning his nose up at that now.
It's very annoying. So do I persevere and he'll eat when he's hungry on the current food or think about changing again.
Thanks.

BiteyShark Fri 19-May-17 09:47:02

My cocker goes through periods of fussiness. I do use Millie's Wolfheart as I find I can swop flavours without any unsavoury side effects grin

What I have found though is feeding him from his bowl doesn't work. Unless he is very very hungry he sits and looks at it. He much prefers to be fed from a kong wobbler.

Veterinari Fri 19-May-17 10:23:50

Make mealtimes more interesting by puzzle feeding. Buy smaller bags of food and rotate them to add interest. Add a bit of warm water to make 'gravy'.
But don't worry too much - if he's hungry he'll eat

Hoppinggreen Fri 19-May-17 12:34:00

I put a tin of fish in my Goldies food a few times a week and he loves it ( don't love his breath afterwards though)
Also makes his coat beautiful and helps his joints

Sanchezwasntdirty Sat 20-May-17 13:58:12

My very fussy girl loves akela you can buy sample packs to try but it's only sold online. Ordinary delivery usually comes the next day and it comes in 3 flavours from wholepray.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now