Talk

Advanced search

Moving house

(6 Posts)
Bluebell9 Wed 17-May-17 10:57:35

I've got a 6 month old lab x and we are moving house next week.
He will be in daycare on the day of the move, he normally goes there once a week and he loves it.
He has a crate at home and this will be moved to the new house so his bed will still smell of him.
Has anyone got any tips of making the move as easy as possible for him?
Thanks

LizzieMacQueen Wed 17-May-17 11:00:49

He'll be absolutley fine - home to him will be where you are - just make a fuss of him. One thing though, as the garden will be unfamiliar, please go out with him the first few times, if only to make sure it is 100% secure. Is there a tall fence in the new place? I hear labs can jump quite high.

Bluebell9 Wed 17-May-17 11:04:01

The new garden has a very secure high fence. Much better than the current garden. I'll make sure we have a good explore of it together.

pigsDOfly Wed 17-May-17 19:19:00

I've moved twice with my dog, first time she was 4 months old, second time 4 years. Each time she's been completely fine; hardly seemed to notice tbh, just enjoyed investigating the new spaces.

As Lizzie says, as long as he's got you he'll be fine. Also if his bed smells of him and his food is the same, unless he's a particularly nervous dog, he'll go with whatever you show him is okay.

TattyCat Wed 17-May-17 20:27:48

He'll be fine, honestly. I take my dog everywhere with me, regardless of where I'm staying (I have a holiday caravan, I stay at my mum's, we have cottage holidays in the UK, we've moved house) and she's a rescue we've had for 8 months.

I stick to her routine wherever we happen to be, so that she has consistency, but she's totally relaxed with it and knows as long as we're there, all's well with her world. Oh, and I always take her toys and bed too.

Bluebell9 Fri 19-May-17 13:59:45

Thank you. I'm sure he'll be fine. He's a confident dog and used to going to lots of different houses with us. He's my baby so I want to make it easy for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now