Talk

Advanced search

Tails.com dog food

(9 Posts)
Soubriquet Thu 11-May-17 12:28:57

Has anyone tried these? Are they any good?

For those who don't know, it's a dried food made especially for the dog delivered to your door.

For my puppy they have said this is the best food:-

Blend Composition

Total meat content 67.3%; chicken 66.3%, beet pulp, brown rice, maize, whole dried egg, salmon oil 1%, yeast, fructo-oligosaccharide, beta-glucans, potassium chloride, yucca schidigera extract, glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate, ascogen (yeast based source of nucleotides), rosemary extract

Does this sound ok to you?

She's currently on Arden grange puppy food and gelert holistic wet food

BiteyShark Thu 11-May-17 12:58:51

Haven't used it but looking at allaboutdogfood.co.uk the one they use for comparison didn't have a great score.

Soubriquet Thu 11-May-17 13:01:00

DId they not?

I'll have to check out that site. Thanks!

BiteyShark Thu 11-May-17 13:08:17

I think it was in the low 3s/5 although it does say they tailor make food but picked one type for comparison.

angeldiver Thu 11-May-17 13:11:08

I tried it but I have an incredibly fussy I and he chose not to eat it.
My dm uses them for her dog and she likes it. The dog is overweight but I think that is more down to lack of exercise than diet per se.

Soubriquet Thu 11-May-17 13:14:27

I'm surprised Arden grange has only scored 3.7

Looks like I might be rethinking pups food at some point

Spam88 Thu 11-May-17 14:03:56

My parents' dog has Tails food and she's happy with it smile always empties her bowl now whereas she used to just nibble a bit.

madasamarchhare Thu 11-May-17 14:21:33

Just tried a sample of tails for my dog(you can get a bag for £1) but he wasn't keen. Have now bought a sample of Guru which scores 4.9/5 and he can't eat it quick enough!

minxthemanx Mon 15-May-17 19:13:50

Changed over to tails a few months ago for my beagle who is a) overweight b) a complete pig that eats ANYTHING whether it's edible or not c) has red itchy skin on neck and tummy. Also farts a lot and has anal gland problem. Does he sound nice? smile after 2 weeks on tails wheat free allergy based food, his coat was stunning, skin much better. He loves it tho to be fair eats used tissues etc. I've been really impressed; he was on csj before but this is even better. Customer service is fab, they are so helpful and you can delay/suspend deliveries if you get a backlog. Costs me £24 a month but is lasting way over a month, and that price is because of his allergies. Most people's cheaper than that. Big vote of yes from me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now