Talk

Advanced search

Scottish Terrier

(11 Posts)
mamasita11 Wed 10-May-17 21:01:49

We're getting a rescue Scottie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody got any opinions, funny stories or tips and tricks? Ooh and name ideas!!! She's a bitch.

We have a Cav, a Bullmastiff, a Goldie and a Maremma.
We're a blended family and this will be the first dog we have together so we're having issues with naming.

Names already used are Phoebe, Jackson, Ollie and Lola.

KinkyAfro Wed 10-May-17 21:26:11

How old is the dog and doesn't she already have a name?

mamasita11 Wed 10-May-17 22:31:13

She's a puppy so she doesn't have a name. We like Daisy. Thoughts?

MissPollyPops Thu 11-May-17 17:28:31

Surely u need a Scottish name? Isla?

FrancisCrawford Thu 11-May-17 17:43:47

Shona
Rona
Flora
Effie

Kahlua4me Thu 11-May-17 21:54:39

How exciting!
We have a Scottie cross. He's now 10 months old and gorgeous.
He adores being with the children and will play for hours given the chance. He will often bring a toy over and put it in my hand to play!

He has been a dream puppy so far, easily house trained and happy in his crate. The only issue we have is that being a terrier he loves the chase and that affects his recall ability....

A Scottish name would be great.

ArtyKitty Fri 12-May-17 18:00:38

Jura. Scottish island and a lovely whisky. And when people ask why you can tailor your answer to the audience!

agedknees Sun 14-May-17 19:15:09

Midge. A small black Scottish terror!!!

YouWouldntLetItLie Tue 16-May-17 14:13:41

Nicola. (only joking)

madein1995 Wed 17-May-17 16:58:21

No name ideas (ours is Lilly) but she is such a good dog. Very quick to house train (once she realised there was treats in it for her), great with children and strangers (she'd let burglars walk in and nick the telly just so long as they fussed her). She loves playing and often brings me toys to play with. She's funny too, and cheeky. As a terrier shes very defiant - very stubborn and if you tell her off she argues back. Very much a family dog though, needs company pretty much constantly

SistersOfPercy Mon 22-May-17 17:26:18

This is Murphy, a 3 and a half year old Scottish Terror. He's the second Scott we've been owned by (and a Scott will own you!)
Things to remember...

They can be incredibly stubborn.
Never underestimate their intelligence, clever little things that pick up training very quickly (assuming they're in the mood)
Their beards can hold almost half a water bowlful of liquid and immediately after drinking they will come and sit on you.
You will never again visit the toilet alone.
Murph is very protective and doesn't take to strangers well, however, visitors to the house are welcomed.

Enjoy though! I wouldn't have any other breed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now