Talk

Advanced search

Natural chews please.

(6 Posts)
MsGameandWatch Thu 27-Apr-17 18:50:48

My Scottie loves to chew but nothing lasts for long. Any suggestions please?

BiteyShark Thu 27-Apr-17 18:58:04

I have the beef head chews from millies Wolfheart which last several hours but they can smell a bit.

He can't stomach pigs ears as they are too fatty but cow ears which aren't as fatty last about 30mins.

For general chewing I also have deer antlers which last months.

CornflakeHomunculus Thu 27-Apr-17 19:04:22

For really long lasting stuff mine really like Chewroots/Anco Roots.

As far as properly edible chews go things like large pieces of fish skin jerky go down very well and last quite a while, though never more than one sitting!! They go nuts for dried sweet potato as well. I bought some a while back that came in smallish pieces and I think bigger bits would actually last reasonably well.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 27-Apr-17 19:53:07

Deer antler, you can buy it in any pet shop or garden centre pet dept, or buffalo horn. I'm not kidding. The pet dept in my local garden centre sells it and it's outlasted the deer antler. It smells a little bit but my dog loves it. He's a lab so anything that lasts with him is probably fairly indestructible.

Bubble2bubble Thu 27-Apr-17 22:22:23

My dogs love these - the big ones last a while and seem to clean their teeth as well

SkeletonSkins Thu 27-Apr-17 22:25:04

My dogs love hooves the most, and they last for everrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now