Talk

Advanced search

Lumps of yellow sponge in poo (sorry)

(11 Posts)
minxthemanx Sun 23-Apr-17 19:50:34

Anyone come across this? My 4 year old beagle did an interesting couple of poos this weekend; I assumed he'd eaten a yellow sponge type ball, as there were lumps of firm yellow sponge in it. But we haven't got a yellow sponge ball and I'd have noticed if he'd picked one up on walks. Have had a quick Google which mostly talks about yellow mucus in poo; this was too firm to be mucus? Looked exactly like yellow foam tennis ball. He does have problems with anal glands (they stunk last night and he seemed a bit uncomfortable). Generally seems v healthy. Any thoughts?

OhMrDarcy Sun 23-Apr-17 19:57:18

Ball thrown in from next door? Foam from the sofa etc? I've got young labs and they eat everything so I'm used to unusual things emerging. Odd with an older dog though.

BiteyShark Sun 23-Apr-17 20:00:00

No idea but my dog often has a variety of non organic waste material in his poo. God knows what he eats when my back is turned hmm

minxthemanx Sun 23-Apr-17 20:14:37

Yes it's often quite interesting, finding what he's eaten once it gets thru (birdseed, sweetcorn cobs from compost, carrots seem hard to digest). It did look exactly like yellow sponge ball, but it's the not the first time I've seen it in his poo and there was a small bloody streak too, tho it wasn't loose. Probably to do with anal glands blockage or something; no smell quite like it.

Yokohamajojo Mon 24-Apr-17 09:59:59

Could he have got hold of a dishwashing type sponge? mine likes a bit of that smile

minxthemanx Mon 24-Apr-17 20:19:07

Hmm. Need to fess up. Long walk by river as usual tonight. ...lo and behold, random bits of yellow sponge ball here and there. Obviously didn't notice him eating it the other night!

BiteyShark Mon 24-Apr-17 20:32:26

My DH called me once to examine DDogs poo as it had a large lump of something bright purple in it. Turns out it was the stuffing of one of his toys smile

WeAllHaveWings Tue 25-Apr-17 17:50:27

Dog had poo covered blue string from a tug of war toy coming out his rear, unfortunately it was rather long and needed some help out mid walk <vom>

minxthemanx Tue 25-Apr-17 19:54:53

This could be a new, entertaining thread - "strangest things found in your dog's poo." Blue string, nice. My beagle loves DS2's soaked pull ups (he has epilepsy and is incontinent at night) - dog poo full of urine- soaked crystals from the pull ups.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Tue 25-Apr-17 20:57:12

Ddog poo'd out a completely undamaged pair of yellow foam earplugs that dh had left out (and hadn't noticed were missing).
Funnily enough dh declined my offer of washing them for him ...

minxthemanx Tue 25-Apr-17 22:03:17

Ooh yes earplugs! My dog likes the silicone ones. .a whole box at a time. They come out exactly the same as they went in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now