Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lump on dogs tummy

(9 Posts)
mummyeme Thu 20-Apr-17 18:13:14

My puppy was speyed today and the vet said he found a lump near her belly button which he thinks may be a fatty deposit?She's at the vets overnight after her operation anyway.
Has anyone experienced this before? Will obviously have it fully investigated but starting to worry. She's 6 and a half months.
Thanks

SparklingRaspberry Thu 20-Apr-17 19:38:01

Nope but a sample should be taken.

Not gunna lie I'm more concerned that your poor puppy has been spayed at such a young age sad

LunaFortuna Fri 21-Apr-17 21:20:55

Yes, my dog had one - found it just before she was spayed so they whipped it out the same time. I was just a fatty lump.

She's 5 now and we found another one a few weeks ago that turned out to be another fatty deposit.

Hope all is ok with your puppy - I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but of course we do.

60percentofthetime Fri 21-Apr-17 21:26:37

My dog has a couple of fatty lumps on her stomach/ribs. They've been on her for years and have never caused her discomfort, or grown.
The vet never removed them, saying it would just be an unnecessary surgery.

Noitsnotteatimeyet Fri 21-Apr-17 21:32:54

What a spectacularly unhelpful response sparkling

OP I hope you get some reassuring news from your vet soon

mummyeme Sat 22-Apr-17 21:35:41

Thankyou so much to those of you who answered my question, really grateful for your words smile. She's back to the vet for a check up and follow on next week so everything crossed.

LimeJellyHead Mon 24-Apr-17 14:23:26

Some vets are really scissor happy when it comes to lumps. Older dogs especially can get a lot of those fatty lumps. If you removed them every time, you would always be at the vets, lol. I would be tempted to get it checked out and if it is just a fatty lump that moves easily and is simply under the skin rather than a lump that feels like it is attached to anything in the body, I would be tempted to leave well alone, unless it is growing at a rate.

If it is near her belly button, could it be an umbilical hernia? One of my terriers had a small umbilical hernia (very very small) and lived with it happily his whole life, to the age of 16. I apparently have one too, lol. Who knew.

LunaFortuna Mon 24-Apr-17 19:10:11

I should have probably said that the second one we found a few weeks ago we have just left it too - vet was happy with not removing it. Good luck at the check up smile

mummyeme Tue 25-Apr-17 18:52:27

Thanks for all your good wishes. The vet has said it's a fatty lump, thank goodness. She's doing really well too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now