Talk

Advanced search

Going from 2 to 3

(9 Posts)
Venusflytwat Wed 19-Apr-17 13:05:30

Just that really- thinking of going from 2 dogs to 3.

Is it a nightmare or not much different?

Any experience welcome please smile

Wolfiefan Wed 19-Apr-17 13:06:07

You've posted in the litter tray. Best to ask this to be moved? grin

Venusflytwat Wed 19-Apr-17 13:29:51

Doh!!! Ha. Will do.
After I make myself another coffee!

Wolfiefan Wed 19-Apr-17 13:32:17

Haha. I've only the one dog so can't comment. Consider sizes and ages and exercise needs? Also can you have a place where each can be alone and escape?

Bubble2bubble Wed 19-Apr-17 13:37:13

When we went from 2 to 3 ddogs 1&2 loathed the new pup but eventually tolerated him.
Once we got ddog4 eveyone was happy unhelpful. grin

Gooseygoosey12345 Wed 19-Apr-17 13:44:50

Depends on your dog really. I can't have another as one of mine is territorial and only gets on with ddog1 because he was here first. If your dogs are not territorial going from 2-3 hasn't been an issue for me in the past

CornflakeHomunculus Wed 19-Apr-17 14:19:49

I found the biggest jump was going from one to two. Two to three didn't feel like that much of a jump in comparison. Then three to four hardly made a difference at all grin

CMOTDibbler Wed 19-Apr-17 14:26:36

I have to say that I find it a big jump going from 2 to 3 or 4 (I foster puppies) - everything seems to take longer from doing their food to getting collars on to go out, and managing 3 dogs at a time on lead seems much harder than 2.

Venusflytwat Wed 19-Apr-17 18:05:50

Hmm.
I have a 13 year old Lab, submissive and soppy. I also have an 8 year old retriever cross, he guards his food and doesn't like big dogs in his face but otherwise is ok. They are quite a bonded pair now but if we walk with friends with dogs they interact just fine. The dog I'm looking at is smaller and younger then both.

I wonder about leads and crates in the car etc. Three seems logistically harder than two. We live rurally so don't take them in the car very often these days, we've got fields behind us so they're not even on the lead very long. Oh I don't know! <indecisive>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now