Talk

Advanced search

Doggie dentistry.

(3 Posts)
Pippin8 Mon 17-Apr-17 13:55:00

My 2 yr old rescue springer is suddenly talking a while to eat. He's fed on a mix of wet & dry working dog food & eats from a slow feeder due to previously inhaling food.

Yesterday he left some dry food, which is so unlike him, he's very greedy. DH wet the food with water & he ate it.

This makes me think his teeth must be playing up. I did notice when we got him that his teeth are awful compared to our girls & she's only a few months younger.

I am taking him to the vet tomorrow, but wondered if anyone had any experience of this? What are the vets likely to offer & will it cost a fortune? I'm sure I read teeth are not covered on insurance!

PossumInAPearTree Mon 17-Apr-17 13:59:37

I used to have a dog with dental issues. Was never covered on insurance. She had three denials and cost was between £250 and £450 each time depending on time spent doing scaling and how many teeth she needed pulling out.

Floralnomad Mon 17-Apr-17 14:43:44

Depends what insurance you have , we are with direct line and can have £1000 of dental per year on our policy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now