Talk

Advanced search

Home check completed

(17 Posts)
Flippetydip Fri 14-Apr-17 18:07:11

We had our home check today from a sighthound rescue organisation. They have two puppies available so just waiting to see if we have been successful for one of those. We spent hours in the garden this afternoon tidying it up and getting rid of the broken flower pots and making sure the fence was all secure and the lovely lady just poked her head out the window and said it all looked fine.

Feels like the 2ww during ttc all over again.

The only dicey moment was where we were asked if we had a preference on gender to which DH, DD and I said no and DS (8) said "yes, boy please, I want to call it Dave". Dave, I mean....really.

Flippetydip Fri 14-Apr-17 18:07:32

Not really sure why I'm posting except that I'm very excited!

BiteyShark Fri 14-Apr-17 18:29:47

Good luck OP. Hope you are successful.

WaitrosePigeon Fri 14-Apr-17 18:30:22

Exciting!

Floralnomad Fri 14-Apr-17 18:58:18

Good luck OP .

Boynamedsue Fri 14-Apr-17 19:17:16

Good luckgrin

CMOTDibbler Fri 14-Apr-17 21:08:45

You know you have to post a link to them don't you grin. Good luck!

bluetongue Sat 15-Apr-17 10:48:35

Another pointy fan. what kind of hou dies are they? Good luck smile

bluetongue Sat 15-Apr-17 10:49:16

Houndies! Stupid IPad.

Flippetydip Sat 15-Apr-17 12:18:03

houndsfirst.co.uk/personnel/lurcher-puppies/

Here's the link.

I can't bear the wait.....

Dottymum2 Sat 15-Apr-17 12:19:53

Omg they are super cute 😄

bluetongue Sat 15-Apr-17 12:25:51

Oh my <dies from cuteness overdose>

bluetongue Sat 15-Apr-17 12:29:57

Jimmy the greyhound on that site is a very handsome gentleman too.

Floralnomad Sat 15-Apr-17 12:35:08

Gorgeous pups , particularly love the dark brindle one . When will you hear whether you have one of them OP?

Flippetydip Sat 15-Apr-17 16:33:30

Not entirely sure when we hear - home check was yesterday. I doubt we will being totally honest as I imagine they'll be snapped up super quick. I'm not that bothered about having a pup but DH would prefer it as he thinks there's less baggage given the DC.

I don't really want to go down the buying a pup from a breeder route given the amount of homeless dogs about already so if we don't get one of these we'll hang fire until the right one comes up - no rush.

CMOTDibbler Sat 15-Apr-17 16:47:45

Lovely - I've been following those pups on FB. There are other rescue pups around (EGLR have a lovely 7 week old in atm) and once you have a homecheck from one rescue, others don't need to repeat it which makes things easier

Flippetydip Sat 15-Apr-17 16:49:13

Oh right - that I didn't know, that does make things easier and quicker I guess. Let's wait and see if we've passed this one first!

I will keep you updated 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now