Talk

Advanced search

does you dogwalker wash the mud off?

(8 Posts)
ggirl Tue 11-Apr-17 15:50:05

My dogwalker is fabulous , I trust her implicitly ,my dog loves her more than anyone else in this world.
I pay £9 for 45 minute walk.

She will wash the dog if she is absolutely covered in mud or has rolled in something but I have been returning home to a very muddy dog , we have a stupid open plan house although she can't get upstairs (thank fuck) so I'm having to wash her legs when I get home.

Would you expect your dogwalker to wash your dog?

I am not a clean freak by any means btw .

BiteyShark Tue 11-Apr-17 16:47:34

Mine does return home muddy (various degrees depending on how wet it is outside). However, sometimes when I take the dog for a walk myself he looks just damp and wet when he gets in and only when he dries does he look muddy.

I have never really thought about it but I guess I would only expect a quick rub down at the most as you don't really want to be washing and drying your dog every day.

Mrsladybirdface Tue 11-Apr-17 16:49:17

Towel clean them but not wash them. They wouldn't have time especially if they have other dogs in the van. My dog is allowed free roam of the house if we are leaving her but when the dog walker drops off she goes in the snug and just ruins the furniture in there! Doesn't help you I know!

mustiwearabra Tue 11-Apr-17 16:52:09

Yes I mean obviously she isn't left completely spotless, which you can't expect, but she is cleaned down. Dog walker carries big bottles of water in her car for muddy/rainy days and towels to dry them off after.

JaneEyre70 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:53:16

I'd be very dubious of leaving mud on full stop with the worry about Alabama rot.......... I wash every walk in a washing up bowl of water. Could you leave one accessible with a towel?? I wouldn't expect a muddy dog to just be shoved back in the house.

Reactivedog Tue 11-Apr-17 16:53:26

No, I wouldn't expect her to wash my dog. Could you pay her a bit more and she could drop your ddog of last and do it then? Or is your dog walked alone?

In the winter I do wash my dogs feet after every walk as we have open plan too, such a massive faff.

chickensaresafehere Tue 11-Apr-17 17:05:11

She may not have time to.
I used to be a dog walker & had to keep to schedule & didn't have much travel time,so when I had a 30 or 60 minute walk I preferred to give the dog the full walk time,with a quick towel off at the end.As when we got back I also liked to refresh water,give a treat & write a quick note to the owner (all taking up valuable time after using the full time to do the walk).
I do understand the muddy dog issue though as I too have an open plan house.

ggirl Tue 11-Apr-17 17:16:29

She does towel her I think , towel is left out. Perhaps I'll offer her £10 and ask her if she'd mind hosing the dogs feet and legs down if she goes in mud. She's a small dog and my dog is her last drop off. Or is that not enough.
Alabama rot does worry me , as a few cases around here recently .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: