Talk

Advanced search

Harness advice needed

(8 Posts)
Wornoutbear Tue 11-Apr-17 13:47:19

I've just got my second rescue greyhound. First was a delight from the word go, so when she died I wanted to rescue another. I've got a lovely girl, finished racing a year ago, and she's as different from the other as can be. She's very bad walking on the lead, as is frightened of so many things so I got a Halti harness for her, and because I'm an idiot I can't seem to fit it back now I want to take her out. Has anyone used one of these? Or are they totally unsuitable for greys? I'm just not happy with it, and I don't want her to lose what little confidence she has in me. Help, please!

BiteyShark Tue 11-Apr-17 13:54:29

I don't have one but is there a youtube video on how to fit one anywhere?

CornflakeHomunculus Tue 11-Apr-17 14:18:15

For any pointy dog, particularly if they've a tendency to be skittish, I'd always go for a harness with an extra belly strap so they can't slip it.

I use the Indi-Dog Houdini Ultra harness for my lot. They're made to measure and you can have an extra ring put on the front of you want.

The Ruffwear Webmaster is also good but it's pricey. The handle on the back can come in incredibly helpful at times.

I've not tried them myself but I've also heard good things about the anti-escape harnesses from Sowinka Design on Etsy and the One Stop Harness Shop on FB.

Floralnomad Tue 11-Apr-17 22:08:12

I second the Indi dog Houdini , fantastic harness .

Shambolical1 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:11:43

I like the RuffWear harness too. Or you could try Perfect Fit, also very good very easy to customise the fit. They're very helpful if you have any queries.

At the moment I'm using a Julius K-9 IDC, which has a handle on the top, as my old boy sometimes needs help these days. They're uncredibly easy to put on, one bit over head then do up girth strap.

Shambolical1 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:12:44

Good grief did any of that message make sense?! I was foiled by pop-up notifications.

fessmess Wed 12-Apr-17 08:23:33

I have a Halti and I love it, but I have a broad-chested labradoodle.

Cocobananas Thu 13-Apr-17 19:38:59

I use a Perfect Fit harness on Mutty pup, very good, comfortable, easy to put on. Washes and drys well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now