Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else struggling with holiday guilt?

(5 Posts)
Mylittlebee Sat 08-Apr-17 17:33:30

We are looking for a week away abroad in the sun after a particularly crap few weeks/months/years!

But I'm struggling with the guilt of leaving the love of my life (ddog)
God the guilt of us sat on the laptop looking at holidays is eating me up.

My parents are more than willing to look after her so I know she will be well loved & cared for but she is my shadow and since I rescued her a year ago she's not left my side.

Is it normal to love a dog this much it hurts?!?

BiteyShark Sat 08-Apr-17 18:40:58

Yes we are having a few days away soon and DPup will be home boarded for the first time. I will miss the furry pooch but as we always go away at the end of the year for 2 weeks I am hoping this will be a gentle introduction for both him and me.

Madbengalmum Sat 08-Apr-17 21:13:15

perfectly normal, usually the day before, both me and the dog sulk. I find it very difficult to leave her,even with my mother who adores her.

Wolfiefan Sat 08-Apr-17 21:16:33

Me! We booked a week in the sun before being lucky enough to find the pup of our dreams. She will be staying with a friend she loves on a farm. With doggy friends.
I'm going to cry all the way home. if I don't decide to let the family go without me and stay with the dog!

Floralnomad Sat 08-Apr-17 21:23:02

We got our dog as a pup from Battersea in 2010 , that was also the last year that we all went on holiday because my sister was able to come and stay with the dog since then I've been away lots with dd but dh stays home to look after the dog . I'm sure he'd be ok in a nice kennel but we just can't do it to him and he can't home board because he doesn't like lots of types of dog and also is a door rusher and I can't trust anybody with him . because he is the love of my life

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now