Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DDog very ill after spaying

(3 Posts)
burdog Wed 05-Apr-17 20:42:01

We had Ddog spayed on Monday. She has had a terrible reaction to the anti-inflamatory meds she has been given and has had diarrhea since yesterday afternoon. We've rung the vet who advised not to give her any more pills (we haven't) and to feed her boiled rice and chicken and bring her in in the morning if she isn't right in herself. DDog is refusing food and water and is pretty lethargic now, I'm so worried.

TattyCat Wed 05-Apr-17 21:59:18

We had our ddog spayed in December. She had diarrhea for a couple of days (really bad the following day), so we fed her chicken and rice. She also refused to drink much, if at all, for a few days afterwards albeit seemed to be fairly ok in herself apart from the lethargy. I gave her Yudigest to help her digestion.

It's just as likely to be the effects of the anaesthetic causing this and not the meds, but obviously your vet knows best! I'd take her in anyway, just for a check over.

Mrsladybirdface Thu 06-Apr-17 17:17:22

I posted about this in Feb...my dog was a nightmare for 4 to 5 days much worse than I was expecting then overnight she was better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now