We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've found the perfect rescue dog!

(33 Posts)
GinAndOnIt Tue 04-Apr-17 13:55:32

Everything we have been keeping a look out for finally appeared on the Black Retriever X rescue page over the weekend. He is lovely!

He is also very popular so I'm not convinced he will become ours, and although disappointed, I'm pleased we are no longer looking for the unachievable, and also pleased the rescue have such high interests in their dogs needing new homes.

I hope we get informed if we haven't been chosen to rehome him though, I am frantically checking my phone for updates at the moment!

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Tue 04-Apr-17 13:57:12

Ohh how exciting! Fingers crossed for you x

Wolfiefan Tue 04-Apr-17 13:57:54

That's a great rescue who do wonderful work. Good luck.

GinAndOnIt Tue 04-Apr-17 14:02:12

Wolfie was it you who recommended them? I can't remember - it was somebody on here and I've been scanning their page ever since. I so hope we are considered.

elQuintoConyo Tue 04-Apr-17 14:13:29

Oooooh fingers crossed!

We have had our rescue woof for 4 months - 4 happy, saliva-covered months grin

GinAndOnIt Tue 04-Apr-17 14:46:19

Aaahh Quinto tell me about your lovely dog? And which rescue did you use? Helpful to have other recommendations!

elQuintoConyo Tue 04-Apr-17 19:14:19

Someone found her wandering around an indistrial estate, took her in, told a rescue group that works through fostering, rather than a centre iyswim. The group put her on their facebook page et voila!

She is a Portugese Podengo (a what?!). Still scared silly of adults and hates the car with a passion sad but is indifferent around kids which is great with our 5yo.

Here's a photo of Alice up a mountain...

elQuintoConyo Tue 04-Apr-17 19:15:24

Oh, i'm in Spain!

She is 1 year old and has a pink nose and amber eyes! A real stunner grin

elQuintoConyo Tue 04-Apr-17 19:17:13

And... The adoption group vetted us thoroughly, contacted a mutual friend to get a bit of background info on us, we had her for 3 weeks before we could formerly adopt her. They were excellent.

Bubble2bubble Tue 04-Apr-17 20:54:49

Hope you get your dog GinAnd smile If not this one, then another will turn up.

Black Retriever X still have two puppies looking for homes, just in case anyone is looking.

BellaGoth Tue 04-Apr-17 20:58:13

Ooh, I have a feeling I know the dog you mean and if I do I'm jealous!

We got our boy from them almost exactly a year ago. He is gorgeous. A pain in the arsenal, but gorgeous!

BellaGoth Tue 04-Apr-17 21:00:16

Arse, not arsenal. Stupid autocorrect.

GinAndOnIt Tue 04-Apr-17 21:30:17

Alice is gorgeous!

I don't think we have been successful, unfortunately. He was needing an urgent home from today, and I've not heard anything. They are also requesting a home check presumably for him, and it isn't us! sad

They have some lovely dogs on there recently, but sadly a lot of them have been bitches which isn't suitable for us! The mountain pups were adorable - if only they had been male!

elQuintoConyo Tue 04-Apr-17 22:20:23

Oh buggeration sad

Sorry to hear that Gin .

ginflowers

GinAndOnIt Wed 05-Apr-17 07:30:38

The search continues! gin

PlayOnWurtz Wed 05-Apr-17 12:21:37

Oh bless you. It will happen. We have had our perfect rescue since last year and aside from a deep loathing of other dogs is a dream pet. Hope you get your match soon enough

GinAndOnIt Wed 05-Apr-17 13:02:23

It at least gives me a bit more time to work on GinDog's recall before he has chance to be a bad influence to a new dog! Although I sometimes think it would be easier to get a herding dog who can just round GinDog up for me wink

PlayOnWurtz Wed 05-Apr-17 13:06:17

Do It! Our dog is a herding cross breed and she's the best :-)

GinAndOnIt Wed 05-Apr-17 13:15:43

I'd love a lab x collie or maybe a German shepherd x collie!

lougle Wed 05-Apr-17 13:36:10

Oh I'm sorry sad Do persevere with BRX rescue - I have my perfect rescue dog (a GSD X ?retriever) who we rehomed from them next to me as I type. I sometimes forget we haven't had him forever. There will be a dog for you smile

Wolfiefan Wed 05-Apr-17 13:38:05

It may have been me. I always recommend black retriever x. Good luck op.

GinAndOnIt Wed 05-Apr-17 13:53:49

I feel very confident in BRX's ability to find suitable homes, so I will definitely persevere. I think I've mentioned before about DP having a bad experience with a rescue dog, and is a bit wary of it happening again, but I do think rescues have improved a lot since then.

Itsadoublewhammy Wed 05-Apr-17 15:17:42

It was me! I have namechanged since. They are a fab rescue.

Itsadoublewhammy Wed 05-Apr-17 15:18:27

I posted the mountain pups wink

Itsadoublewhammy Wed 05-Apr-17 15:26:05

Gin Helen McGarry on Facebook is also a very good rescue, full back up and testing, asessment and passport.

Most are from Cyprus and not everyone 'approves' of that though.

I know her well and she is excellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now