Talk

Advanced search

New puppy - 1 week on......advice please

(3 Posts)
SewandSew40 Fri 31-Mar-17 16:55:31

Hi there, I have a 9 week old cockapoo puppy who we have had for a week. She is sleeping through from about 9.30/10pm to 6.30am and the last couple of nights I've come down to a dry floor. She has a crate with the door open and I have put a dog pen round the crate so that she can get out of the crate and toilet on a piece of newspaper ( water bowl also there) - this also prevents her chewing the shoes and cupboards in our utility room overnight.

I have not yet shut the crate door but do I have to given that I'm also using the pen?

In the day, she has a small plastic dog bed with cushion and blanket which she passes out on if she's just home with me and I have the crate and pen in another room if I go out so she is safe from harm and she has a space to wee etc if needs be and is also contained in a room with natural light ( the utility is internal so I move the pen and crate in the day)

Is this too many areas and sleeping methods or, at 9 weeks is this fine ? I sometimes put her in the pen with her bed if she's getting bitey with the kids or in a chewy mood and I can't keep an eye on her for whatever reason and usually it encourages her to take a nap.....but also keeps her safe if there's a lot going on in the house.....

She's been good at going out but I do take her out often so accidents in the house have been minimal.

So, any thoughts ?
Thanks in advance

Astro55 Fri 31-Mar-17 16:57:21

Can't see what your problem is?

Your happy she's happy!

SewandSew40 Fri 31-Mar-17 17:58:38

You're right but at some point she'll possibly be able to jump out the pen at which point I might regret not having encouraged her to stay inside with the door shut !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now