Talk

Advanced search

Doggy bike carriers

(4 Posts)
maxiflump1 Sat 25-Mar-17 12:12:29

Has anyone got one of these? How do u find them? Looking at hiring one when we go on holiday so we can go for a family cycle. We have a large goldie but they weight limit says 40kg which seems like a lot of weight to drag behind you!!

Sprig1 Wed 29-Mar-17 10:12:23

Why don't you just train your dog to run alongside? My lurcher does quite happily. You need to practice somewhere quiet and safe first but it's pretty straight forward. I would be worried about the trailer being hit by a car as they will not expect a bike to be towing anything.

maxiflump1 Wed 29-Mar-17 10:47:59

Thanks for the the suggestion but we are thinking off doing the camel trail in Cornwall so quite a long way for doggy to run! Would definitely stick to cycle tracks/paths and not take it on the road so no danger of being hit by a vehicle.

babyblackbird Wed 29-Mar-17 13:46:55

Ah ha ! Padstow cycle hire at the end of Camel trail have just invested in doggy trailers 3 large and 3 small - I like an fb page for a local company down there because we holiday there a lot and it came up on my feed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now