Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick advice about dog not walking on slippery floor please

(10 Posts)
slipperyfloor Fri 24-Mar-17 18:25:33

Hi

Last night DH cooked roast chicken and the oil went everywhere when he got it out of the oven. We have a tiled floor and although he cleaned it up it was REALLY slippery.

I've been at work all day and come home to find one dog will not walk on it. Nobody thought to mop the floor before I got home  and although I've done it now, it's too little too late.

She was busting for a wee when I carried her out. Now I'm trying all sorts of things to tempt her to walk on it again. The other dog is fine.

I put down a blanket but then she's just marooned on a little island. Any tips please?

Tried ham/squeezed cheese and she just stretches as much as she can then freezes. Same as when I tried to gentle place her on the floor, she just scuttled off.

slipperyfloor Fri 24-Mar-17 18:26:45

It's dry now - not slippery!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Fri 24-Mar-17 18:28:59

Put some rugs down until confidence returns. .
Saw it on a dog program last week!!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 24-Mar-17 18:31:54

Oh god I feel your pain. I have two dogs, my boy dog won't walk over slippery floor - it terrifies him - girl dog doesn't give a toss and saunters across. I put down stepping stone dog blankets for him but I'd love to take them up, they look awful.

Hope you (we) get some advice.

slipperyfloor Fri 24-Mar-17 18:33:29

Rugs down...

Medeci Fri 24-Mar-17 18:50:51

My lab won't walk on our floor since we replaced carpet with wood flooring 4 yrs ago. So we've got small mats that he uses as stepping stones.
Very occasionally he'll forget he's scared of the floor and walks on it, then realises and stands there looking pathetic and whimpering until someone takes pity on him and gets a mat for him to stand on.

Mrsmorton Fri 24-Mar-17 19:07:46

My dog does this at train stations, so embarrassing!

slipperyfloor Fri 24-Mar-17 19:17:58

I had no idea it was so prolific!

She's on the sofa now having been lifted there in manner of a lady being rescued from a burning building.

I hope this isn't a permanent phobia!

WeAllHaveWings Sat 25-Mar-17 17:09:52

Ours won't walk on laminate in our hall or kitchen either since he had a fright when a firework went off outside about 3 years ago. Before this he was fine. We tried mats and tempting him with his favourite raw treats but nothing worked, so we have cheap rugs for him.

slipperyfloor Sat 25-Mar-17 17:59:14

We've mopped again and she is maybe getting a bit more daring. She's obviously scared herself from slipping on Friday night. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now