Talk

Advanced search

which dog poo bag?

(23 Posts)
sleepyfergus Fri 24-Mar-17 11:54:32

any recommendations for strong but not hideously expensive ones?
Does anyone use nappy bags instead?

twocockers Fri 24-Mar-17 11:58:53

Tesco. Strong enough without being stupidly strong and black enough so you can't see the poo (it's a bugbear of mine!!)

PetraStrorm Fri 24-Mar-17 12:01:19

Owner of a very productive greyhound here. I use Tesco degradable dog poo bags. Sturdy, black, long tie handles so you've got room for manoeuvre, nice and opaque (I'm not squeamish about picking up poo but seeing it vaguely outlined through a semi-transparent poo bag give me a bit of a squicky feeling). They're in a blue and white pack.

PetraStrorm Fri 24-Mar-17 12:02:02

Xposts twocockers !

PuntCuffin Fri 24-Mar-17 12:06:35

I use nappy bags, the cheapest most basic ones i can get. I resent paying more for bags to clean my dog's shit up than I did for my children!

trevortrevorslattery Fri 24-Mar-17 12:06:46

The Morrisons own make ones are good. We've tried value nappy bags but they are about 1 micron thick and not very trustworthy <boak>

Renaissance2017 Fri 24-Mar-17 12:08:36

Latex gloves. Pick up and turn inside out.

I got fed up of putting my fingers through bags!

sleepyfergus Fri 24-Mar-17 12:24:37

thanks all. I'll take a look at Tesco. I used to get the yellow nappy bags (for the kids) from Tesco as they were pretty strong so perhaps Tesco is THE place to go for poo disposal!

LaGattaNera Fri 24-Mar-17 13:01:03

I use poo bags from poundland but always use a piece of cheap kitchen roll too so invert bag over hand then kitchen roll on top so the kitchen roll not the bag touches the poo so that the warmth and moistness etc is slightly absorbed by kitchen roll - never had an issue or a hole in bag or finger in poo.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Fri 24-Mar-17 13:12:06

What PuntCuffin said. I always use nappy sacks.
I also love the fact that when I order from lily's kitchen they throw in a pack of about 20 of their own poo bags which are lovely (but I wouldn't spend the money on!).

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 24-Mar-17 13:12:45

Cheap orange nappy sacks from Home Bargains. They cope with my lurcher's enormous turds but he does sometimes produce a "two-bagger" if he's had lots of leftovers a very large tea.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Fri 24-Mar-17 13:13:09

BTW I don't know if it applies to all county councils, but our local one provides rolls of poo bags free if you go and ask but you do have to go there in person.

Blinkybell Fri 24-Mar-17 13:15:16

We use nappy bags

Just cheapo ones from Sainsbury's.

Much cheaper, stronger and bigger then their black dog poo bags

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Fri 24-Mar-17 13:17:29

Pets at home sold custard fragranced ones a while back!!
We found an unopened box of orange nappy sacks and just use them. .
Neither have really been used as all bloody 3 of them wait til we get home and shit in the garden!!

Floralnomad Fri 24-Mar-17 13:40:14

I use nappy bags but never the value ones as they are ridiculously thin . The tesco yellow ones are excellent .

CornflakeHomunculus Fri 24-Mar-17 13:45:47

Sainsbury's nappy sacks here as well. Much prefer nappy sacks to actual poo bags!!

Blinkybell Fri 24-Mar-17 13:48:39

Don't buy the Dunelm Mill poo bags! I was in there a couple of weeks ago and saw some by the tills and grabbed a pack (I kept forgetting to buy them when in Sainsbury's and had been resorting to sandwich bags).

They're utterly crap, tiny and thin. Dog chooses the most awkward places to poo and I always end up with a few twigs/leaves and they poke straight through

babyblackbird Fri 24-Mar-17 14:16:14

I buy mine from Amazon - a box of 1000 at a time. Can't remember how much but about £20 I think. They are really strong and thick - dark green in colour - called Scots or something similar - they are the best seller if you type in dog poo bags on Amazon.

NoNamesLeft86 Sat 25-Mar-17 08:12:14

At home i use the tesco value nappy sacks. About 30p for 300!
But they are see through and thin so when we are out i use stronger black ones - if i have to carry it for 15 mins to find a bin then I dont want it to be see through! But most of the poos seem to be done at home at the moment. We then have an outdoor bin in our back garden so it goes straight in there and gets emptied on bin day.

CMOTDibbler Sat 25-Mar-17 11:07:08

I use nappy bags. Not the Tesco value ones as they are a bit small and thin, but all others work fine

witwootoodleoo Sat 25-Mar-17 11:15:54

I buy these as they're very strong and biodegradable which I think is important

Medeci Sat 25-Mar-17 13:28:44

Another vote for the Scot biodegradable bags from Amazon. Good size and really strong.

Asmoto Sat 25-Mar-17 13:31:38

Tesco nappy sacks - never had any problems with tearing or splitting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now