Ticks and bumps

(5 Posts)
BiteyShark Thu 16-Mar-17 15:02:24

I have just removed a tick from my puppies head and now there is a small lump under the skin. Actually I think the lump was kind of there before we removed it as we were inspecting his head because of the lump and found the tick.

Is this normal? How long would you wait to see if it goes down before contacting the vet.

Also can anyone suggest any preventative options as I figure this is going to be a common issue as we walk through forests sad

OldTownNew Thu 16-Mar-17 15:34:34

A seresto collar, they're quite pricey but last 7-8 months so it works out more cost effective in the long run grin

BiteyShark Thu 16-Mar-17 15:49:44

Thanks just phoned the vets and will pick one up tomorrow so I don't have to wrestle him in my arms again with the tweezers smile

Floralnomad Thu 16-Mar-17 16:26:59

Don't use tweezers , get a tick remover from the vet / pet shop . Bravecto also covers ticks .

BiteyShark Thu 16-Mar-17 16:30:40

I have just ordered a tick twister thing which is coming tomorrow but all we had at the time was tweezers so unfortunately had to use them sad

I hate getting ticks off me and DH but getting them off the dog when he was wriggling is so much harder. Hate the bloody things sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now