Talk

Advanced search

How to get dog urine out of a carpet

(9 Posts)
sweetandsaltypopcorn Wed 08-Mar-17 18:12:53

My four year old westie has taken to weeing on our bedroom carpet by the door.

I cannot get the smell of acid out of the carpet and I can smell it all the time!

Anyone have any ideas?

luckylambchop Wed 08-Mar-17 18:17:52

Have you tried biological washing liquid?

Polpette Wed 08-Mar-17 18:18:57

Use biological washing powder - the enzymes will get rid of the smell.

pigsDOfly Wed 08-Mar-17 19:11:53

Johnsons Stain and Odour Remover will get rid of it. It's a spray, very easy to use and very effective.

I keep recommending it on here, beginning to think Johnsons should start paying me a retainer smile

Lara2 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:33:17

My mum always used to clean the carpet where the puppies wee'd and then rinse the place with soda water. Apparently it gets rid of the lingering smell (that we can't detect) and stops them weeing there again. As far as I remember, it did the trick - maybe worth a try?

Jenny70 Thu 09-Mar-17 05:19:35

I am still looking for that answer too.

I can rule out vinegar and lemon juice - the latter she licked off!

I am resigned to biological powder, soda water and replacing the carpets once she eventually is house trained!

sweetandsaltypopcorn Thu 09-Mar-17 08:06:10

Thanks for all the replies!

Will try biological washing powder and soda.
I'm desperate as she keeps doing it in the one spot and the rate it's going the carpet will be ruined!

I wouldn't mind but she's been house trained for a while and this is literally taking the p*ss.

Polpette Thu 09-Mar-17 19:25:47

Once you've cleaned it with biological powder and it's dry you could try playing or doing some training with the dog in the same area - the dog will associate it as a place they use and not a place to wee.

Polpette Thu 09-Mar-17 19:27:52

I forgot to add, are you sure she hasn't got a UTI? If she's usually housetrained and this is new behaviour it might be worth getting her checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now