Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dog beds!

(18 Posts)
sotiredbutworthit Wed 08-Mar-17 10:30:10

Anyone else struggling to find a bed pups can't destroy?!!!

Bluebell9 Wed 08-Mar-17 10:37:16

My puppy wrestles all his dog beds and loves to pull out the stuffing. I wanted him to have a lovely comfy bed to sleep in but he hardly ever sleeps in them. I now put a towel and fleece blanket in his crate for him to sleep on and he doesn't chew these and happily sleeps on them. It makes them easier to wash too!

sotiredbutworthit Wed 08-Mar-17 10:41:57

We are down to towels and fleecy blankets! Don't look half as comfy though! Nutters!

BiteyShark Wed 08-Mar-17 10:45:17

I just buy cheap ones with no zips as they are too tempting. I will splash out on an expensive bed when he stops chewing stuff grin

sotiredbutworthit Wed 08-Mar-17 10:50:50

His poor brother looks so sad!!

Bluebell9 Wed 08-Mar-17 11:24:30

Bless him! How old are they?

CMOTDibbler Wed 08-Mar-17 13:09:51

My foster puppy and one of my dogs are dedicated to digging their beds out. DDog2 therefore has a waterproof bed in his crate (it once had a fleece cover, but that got ripped off) covered with fleece blankets. Pup has a single duvet and fleece blankets so she can make a nice nest and hide toys in it.

sotiredbutworthit Wed 08-Mar-17 17:09:15

10 months. They used to pee on any blankets we left in the kitchen but fingers crossed that phase seems to have passed.

Ylvamoon Wed 08-Mar-17 17:48:46

Try Vetbed- it's almost puppy proof! My little rascal managed to bite a few holes into it but overall it's still soft and fluffy!

sotiredbutworthit Wed 08-Mar-17 17:50:22

Ylvamoon- will give that a go! Thanks!

FATEdestiny Thu 09-Mar-17 11:30:13

We bought a vetbed. They definitely are the most indestructible I've found. However my 13 month old is still slowly stripping it. The benefit is she can't rip huge bits off. But she still chews the edges and takes a bit off at a time. We've had our current vetbed for 6 months and, though smaller than when be bought it because she chews the edges, it is still going.

BlueKarou Thu 09-Mar-17 13:51:13

I've given up on nice things for my lurcher. He has a couple of sainsburys basics pillow cases filled with the stuffing from his last fancy bed, and then an old duvet flung over the top. The duvet is already missing some stuffing, but otherwise it seems to suffice. Anything nicer than that was immediately destroyed.

Weebleswobbles Sat 25-Mar-17 07:19:47

My Cavalier likes to dig out her bed smilei bought this as on as recommendation- it's very good and we use it indoors and out

https://www.hik9.com/collections/raised-pet-beds

acornsandnuts Sat 25-Mar-17 07:34:40

I have two labs who destroyed everything until this www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0091E7Q2G/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490427047&sr=8-3&keywords=coolaroo&tag=mumsnetforum-21

We have had it years and both slept on it, I think it's an extra large we have. We have replaced to canopy thing once just due to sagging from two lumps lying on it. The best thing is it doesn't smell. I vacuum it and occasionally hose it. The dogs love it especially in the summer as it does keep them a lot cooler.

The kennels we take them to were so impressed they have bought some of their own for each of the kennels.

GinAndOnIt Sat 25-Mar-17 07:46:07

Watching this with interest. I've been trying to find a nice bed for DDog. He currently has a mattress from Pets at Home, which he likes, but it's too bulky to wash. He used to sleep in a classic plastic dog bed with blankets/cushions, so we replaced it with a wicker one to look nicer. He's scared of the noise of wicker. We brought the plastic one back, and he slipped on the floor when he jumped out, which made a noise. So he's now scared of that, too. <sigh>

I just want something slightly raised so he's not just on a dog mattress on the cold tiles! Then I can pad it out with blankets which are easy to wash.

sotiredbutworthit Sat 25-Mar-17 08:26:32

Acornsandnuts- that bed is the one they shredded!!!

lovelycats Sun 26-Mar-17 08:20:43

Hard plastic tub bed with a vetbed or similar pad in the bottom. Then we just use cheap fleece blankets which one of them loves to burrow in. They do get dragged out of the bed and played with but never destroyed.

willdoitinaminute Sun 26-Mar-17 11:48:17

Don't bother with the non-slip vet bed it is much easier to rip into strips. My lovely lab has reached the intermittent destructive stage, she will go for a couple of weeks without destroying anything then this week she had a paper shredding session and remodelled her Vet fleece. She has a heavy duty nylon sack bed, minus the zip, that we stuff with all the bits of fleece. She seems happy with this and has been less destructive with it since making her own modifications!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now