Talk

Advanced search

Dog toilet

(9 Posts)
WicketWoo Sun 05-Mar-17 09:20:53

Do any of them actually work? If so, which one?

I have a gardener coming to do some work and am considering getting him to move a big plant in the dogs bit of the garden and putting a dog toilet there but the reviews are very mixed so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. We have a small dog, in case that makes a difference with regards to quantity!

Any advice welcome.

Bamaluz Sun 05-Mar-17 11:25:18

I had one years ago, never again.

You have to rinse it through every so often, and oh, the smell!

Bag it and bin it.

Thewolfsjustapuppy Sun 05-Mar-17 13:11:42

If you mean the ones that you put the poop in and have to 'flush' weekly, I got one about 6 months ago. It is the greatest pile of shite - literally there is a pile of shite in it that does not 'flush' or break down or do anything but grow. The plastic its made of is crap too - the lid has already shattered - I wish I hadn't bothered.
I do use the chemicals and regularly flush still as I'm stubborn and I have the damn thing no so I will bloody well use it grin.

pigsDOfly Sun 05-Mar-17 14:04:37

Never heard of this so googled it as I had images of training a dog to sit on a special lavatory in the garden and was going to suggest you just train your dog to use a particular part of the garden.

So am I right in thinking you have to collect the poo and put it in the dog toilet? If that's the case, I can't tbh see the point. I just pick mine up with a poo bag and stick it in the wheeliebin. Couldn't be doing with something full of poo that I had to clean out every so often. Much as I love my dog that would just be a bridge too far.

Although the dog having a special loo in the garden with a flush and everything, now that I would buy.

WicketWoo Sun 05-Mar-17 18:01:22

The flushing toilet the dog sits on would definitely be a best seller.

I do have reasons for wanting it, mainly because we can't access the garden from the front of the house so I would have to carry the bag of poo through the house. I currently brush it all into a (rather lovely) camellia bush. The dog has his own bit of the garden so I only brush it all up once a week or so. I thought I could move the bush and pop the toilet in there.

BiteyShark Sun 05-Mar-17 18:12:12

I looked at them but it didn't seem cost efficient when you have to frequently buy chemicals. I have the same issue that it is a long way from the garden to the household wheelie bin. What I did was buy a small bin to put the poo bags in for the garden and then hold my nose when I empty that into the wheelie bin every week.

luckylambchop Mon 06-Mar-17 12:41:08

I was wondering about those things too. We only got our dog in November and I'm worrying what a wheelie bin full of poo will smell like in the summer months, is this not a problem then, or is the answer to triple bag it or something? I already double bag.

Cocobananas Mon 06-Mar-17 13:44:18

I had a dog toilet years ago too, smelt dreadful, didn't work properly. I now scoop poop in the garden and toss it into a thick hedge at the back to bio degrade naturally, we do have large garden though and choose walks which have a dog poo bin close by. Cocopup often performs right by a bin in our little local park and at nearby country park but think this is luck because she likes to get it out of the way, so to speak, before getting underway!

ThatsNumberWanggg Mon 06-Mar-17 13:48:44

We had one years ago when I lived at home, it really stank.
I just pick it up in poo bags, keep them in the garden and then everytime I empty the kitchen bin I throw however many I have in there (usually not many as mine normally poo in the park first thing on their walk)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now