Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cockapoo

(12 Posts)
rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 20:16:30

We are planning on changing the name of our new black cockapoo puppy, Zoey. I want to call her either Lacey, Lily or Luna. What do you think? Our Goldendoodle is called Charley. Anybody got any advice about welcoming a Cockapoo puppy?

rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 20:48:25

bump

Carveitup Fri 03-Mar-17 20:50:51

Luna. Short for Lunatic. Never met a cockapoo that was anything but. And wtf is a goldendoodle? What's wrong with poodles these days?

rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 20:53:40

@Carveitup she's a GoldiexPoodle which is what I call her normally but two days ago, a woman asked me what breed Charley was and I told her and she said the proper name was Goldendoodle, soooo? confused

lifeisazebracrossing Fri 03-Mar-17 20:57:03

Lily or Luna. Is she batshit yet? My Cockapoo is lush but was crazy for two years. I'd love a Goldendoodle! They will look beautiful together!

rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 21:02:28

@lifeisazebracrossing she's quite chilled out at the minute!

MidniteScribbler Sat 04-Mar-17 07:53:21

Golden Retriever X Poodle
Cocker Spaniel X Poodle.

There is no such thing as a Goldendoodle except for a made up name for puppy farmers to make more money. Why would you even want to call your dog such a ridiculous sounding name?

ImBrian Sat 04-Mar-17 09:34:16

I like Luna OP, is this the dog your friends giving away? I bet both doodles will have a great time wearing each other out smile

lifeisazebracrossing Sat 04-Mar-17 10:48:34

Good. They're all different temperaments. Ours was chasing his siblings and but his (much calmer) brother's ears when we picked him so it's little surprise he's 'spirited' really!

rileysheart Sat 04-Mar-17 15:12:34

Yep @ImBrian! We've taken the plunge!
@MidniteScribbler we've been informed these are the correct names recently. I will continue to refer to them as GoldiexPoodle and CockerxPoodle.
@lifeisazebracrossing I hope she'll stay quite relaxed! What's your doggy called?

No1HolidayPlanner Sat 04-Mar-17 19:00:40

I know poodle crosses are frowned upon on Mumsnet!! We have a 5 month old Goldendoodlesmile. We are first time dog owners and I must say she is fab!! I am loving every minute with her. smilesmile

ImBrian Sun 05-Mar-17 18:50:17

Call them whatever you like, I like the sound of their names. The only time it ever bugs me is when people go on about their pure bred ones grin.

I've really liked all the golden doodles I've met, some have been huge though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now