Talk

Advanced search

GoldiexPoodle and other dogs

(4 Posts)
rileysheart Mon 27-Feb-17 21:31:23

We have a Golden Retriever x Poodle and are planning on getting another dog soon. I like the idea of a longhair dachshund. However, DH would like a cocker cross (preferably with a poodle). I know that the main reason he wants a cocker cross is because a colleague of his is looking to rehome her adorable cocker x poodle. She's adopting a child who is terrified of dogs, absolutely terrified apparently, knew we were considering getting another dog and has told him that she would be happy to rehome her puppy to us for free. He has also said he'd like a beagle but I've said no because I've heard that they are absolutely mad. What type of dog would you be looking at in this situation? We didn't really look at our first dog's 'breed' in particular as we were given her for free by my mum after her Goldie impregnated next door's poodle. Next door refused to terminate as they had heard that it was better to have a litter than not. hmm
Mum took one of the puppies herself, next door took one of the puppies and mum gave me a puppy (we'd been looking for a dog prior).

rileysheart Mon 27-Feb-17 21:40:12

Our GoldiexPoodle's name is Charley btw and the colleague's puppy is Zoey. Is she too old to change her name? I like Luna, Lily, Lacey or Gigi for a puppy.

rileysheart Mon 27-Feb-17 21:51:43

Helloooo? bump

Bubble2bubble Mon 27-Feb-17 21:57:35

More depends on the age and temperament of the dogs than the breeds.

If the other dog is still a puppy is your own dog at least 18 months old and well trained?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now