Talk

Advanced search

Beautiful girl pts yesterday

(12 Posts)
QueenofLouisiana Sun 26-Feb-17 22:19:19

Thank you for all the advice you gave me a few weeks when we New our gorgeous girl was ill. Overnight on Friday I knew it was time- better a week early than a day late, as someone had suggested.

I think she knew it was time, she was tired and had had enough. I'd hate Friday night to become the new normal for her. Fortunately. Her final trip was peaceful and she passed away as DH cuddled her and told her we'd loved her.

I know it was the right thing for her. I know she was loved, we were her forever home for 8 years. All the photos of her on holiday, on her cushion, being cuddled show she had a good life. But I miss her. I miss her snuffling and chasing rabbits beside the bed. I miss her ears to stroke. I want my girl back.

Squeezed Sun 26-Feb-17 22:34:55

I'm so sorry for the loss of your girl. It's such a hard decision but you have done the right thing. You loved her and the ultimate show of love was not letting her suffer even though it hurts you so much.
My DD, wise beyond her tender years, says that when we remember the happy times of our dogs then we don't need to be sad because they made us so happy. It's bitter sweet, because it hurts so much because we love them so much.
Take your time, be sad, cry, talk to her and look after yourself.

GMOOH Sun 26-Feb-17 22:35:51

I'm so sorry. It's unspeakably difficult. Look after yourself flowers

Wolfiefan Sun 26-Feb-17 22:37:39

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's the hardest thing to do but the last act of love you can show. Run free over the rainbow bridge loved girl. flowers

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Sun 26-Feb-17 22:39:47

Oh Queen am so sorry- your beautiful girl knew she was loved and its the hardest thing to do. I'm still remembering 7 years ago now when we had to do the same (parents but my childhood dog who was 13) . my dad and my big 'hard arse' army husband were both in tears. I always suggest the poem 'the last battle' to others in same situation. Awful awful thing to need to do, but the right thing. flowersgin

BiteyShark Mon 27-Feb-17 06:01:45

I am so sorry flowers

olliegarchy99 Mon 27-Feb-17 07:28:46

so sorry - it is so hard flowers

pigsDOfly Mon 27-Feb-17 10:17:55

So sorry. flowers

LaGattaNera Mon 27-Feb-17 18:03:10

oh I am so so sorry x

QueenofLouisiana Tue 28-Feb-17 18:20:39

Thank you all.

We had a lovely card from the vet who looked after her on Saturday morning. It's left me in floods of tears again. Everyone has been so kind.

BiteyShark Tue 28-Feb-17 19:18:40

That was lovely of the vet but yes I can imagine it was bitter sweet for you flowers

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 28-Feb-17 21:22:55

So very sorry for your loss OP, I want my girl back too. 🌺🌺🌺🐾❤️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now